Located on the northwestern edge of the US, Idaho is the 14th largest state in the country geographically. But it is also one of the most sparsely populated, mainly due to the Rocky Mountains and sprawling lakes.
Popular for its outdoor recreation areas and mountainous landscapes, Idaho is home to some of the US’s most enchanting environments and scenery. Since its capital, Boise, rests in the magnificent Rocky Mountain foothills, houses are typically reminiscent of elegant artisans and classic chalets.
The booming economy, low cost of living, tax-friendly incentives, shorter work commutes, and safe neighborhoods are just a few other reasons that make this state an excellent place to start a family.
So, whether you want to retire there or intend to build a forever home, we suggest you consider some of Idaho’s most reputed green home builders. However, finding a sustainable home built to perfection can be challenging, especially if you want one crafted according to your personal needs and requirements.
This post lists six builders in Idaho who focus heavily on sustainable and environmentally friendly building practices to bring you the home of your dreams. So whether you wish to invest in eco-friendly homes or raise a family in this state, these green builders can make your dreams a reality.
Let’s get started.
The Best Green Home Builders in Idaho
Here is our selection of Idaho’s best green home builders for lower energy bills and a diminished carbon footprint, including:
- Ted Mason Signature Homes
- Flynner Homes
- Tresidio Homes
- Tradewinds General Contracting
- Selle Valley Construction
- Adair Homes
So, without further ado, let’s investigate what each of these renowned companies has to offer prospective clients.
Ted Mason Signature Homes
Suppose you are searching for an energy-efficient and eco-friendly green home to fit your lifestyle and a floor plan designed particularly for your ever-changing needs. In that case, Ted Mason Signature Homes is for you.
Ted Mason extends its services to some of the best communities in southern Idaho, from Boise to Star and throughout the Treasure Valley.
From elegant and timeless Craftsman-inspired homes to traditional farmhouses and rustic bungalows, Ted Mason is the brains behind the houses of Hazelwood Village, La Miranda, Late Pointe, and Heritage Gardens.
In addition, the company also holds affiliations with vital industry organizations such as the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). It also adheres to green building regulations outlined by establishments like Energy Star.
Why Choose Ted Mason Signature Homes
- It offers innovative floor plans to easily personalize your home and get the layout of your preference.
- Well-known for its specialization in various architectural styles and award-winning home designs.
- The company has a strong reputation for its sustainable smaller custom home projects and patio homes, all personalized from the ground up.
- All Ted Mason signature homes fulfill satisfactory HERS index ratings, meaning its buildings are highly energy-efficient.
Decorated as one of Idaho’s top sustainability-based design and construction companies, Flynner Homes takes great pride in building the state’s first NAHB-certified “Green Home and Green Remodel.”
The company has a long list of national and local achievements, making it a frontrunner in the area’s green construction and energy-efficient design market.
Additionally, Flynner Homes is well-known for integrating functional architecture with stunning designs and green building practices, including high-performance and net-zero energy use. Put simply, every Flynner-built home comes with a minimum carbon footprint and a superior level of indoor air quality.
Why Choose Flynner Homes
- Named “Top Custom Home Builder in Idaho” by Home Builder Digest.
- Apart from its residential projects, Flynner Homes also takes on boutique commercial construction work and seamlessly manages every aspect, from balancing budgets to handling overall design goals from start to finish.
- Unsurpassed experience in the design and construction of high-performance homes with energy-efficient and sustainable features
- It offers superior comfort, healthier indoor air quality, a smaller carbon footprint, 40-100% more energy efficiency, and a house that’ll eventually save you money with an ROI of about 25%.
Displays expertise in contemporary and modern spaces, with designs often distinguished by the use of large windows and straight lines.
Often acclaimed as one of the area’s premier construction companies, Tresidio Homes is an award-winning sustainable green home builder in Idaho.
Established in 2009 by its two founders, Russ Van Wagenen and Jon Hastings, the company has bagged several Parade of Homes wins, including recognition for green building practices and exterior and interior work.
The founders have also played an integral role in numerous contractors’ associations. For example, Jon acted as the Parade of Homes Committee chairman and served as the president of the Building Contractors Association of Southwestern Idaho.
Why Choose Tresidio Homes
- Both founders were featured on Professional Builder Magazine’s yearly “40 Under 40” list for their exemplary leadership and expertise.
- It offers an in-house design center that enables clients to choose all the materials that’ll go into their new house under one roof, with the expert guidance of a selection manager.
- Clients also can visit some of the company’s model homes to receive a better idea of their designs and craftsmanship.
Tradewinds General Contracting
For over 40 years, Tradewinds General Contracting has been using green building techniques and practices in its construction projects in the Treasure Valley area. It provides commercial and residential construction services in Idaho and specializes in various designs.
This green company has constructed many modern homes, bungalows, Cape Cod-themed houses, and Mediterranean-inspired estates. The company adopts a team approach for every project, bringing its seasoned and highly-skilled staff to the table.
The company takes great pride in its project management, level of communication, and use of the latest sustainable technology for a streamlined process.
Why Choose Tradewinds General Contracting
- Specializes in an array of designs to meet every client’s unique demands
- The company has been designing and building award-winning homes of distinction since 1980
- In addition to its long list of “Parade of Homes” awards, it has been recognized as “State Builder of the Year,” “State Company of the Year,” and “Local Builder of the Year” on different occasions.
- You can also benefit from the firm’s deep relationships with top-notch vendors, sub-contractors, and partners, saving you money, time, and disappointment in the long run.
Selle Valley Construction
Established in 2004 by Scott and Barbara Schriber, Selle Valley Construction provides an extensive range of new home construction and remodeling services while ensuring and utilizing the latest green building practices.
The company has strong ties with some of the area’s best architects. It is famed for constructing homes directly into its landscape to build an impeccably-structured house that blends perfectly into the scenery.
Additionally, both founders are Sandpoint’s very first Certified Green Professionals. It’s the only local homebuilder in its area that constructs homes certified by both Energy Star and the NAHB.
Moreover, the company’s projects have been featured in numerous publications, such as Small Homes, Houses, and Mountain Living.
Why Choose Selle Valley Construction
- It incorporates several sustainable green practices into all of its projects
- An Energy Star and NAHB-certified green company
- Sustainable green building procedures entail site design and lot development, energy efficiency, building durability, and resource conservation
- Commitment to delivering the highest quality craftsmanship, with personalized project management tailored to the unique needs of every client
Founded in 1969, Adair Homes has since built custom homes and changed lives in different states, including Idaho, Washington, Oregan, and Arizona.
With more than 50+ years of experience under its belt, it has built more than 21,000 custom green homes, each emitting the unique personality of every particular client.
Adair Homes’ work and guiding principles have made it one of the largest custom sustainable green home builders in its respective regions and have earned it a highly regarded reputation.
Its unique homebuilding process makes sure that every homeowner receives the utmost value for every dollar invested. As per the company, it doesn’t only build homes; it delivers exceptional green home building experiences.
With an ongoing commitment to delivering value and unique on-your-land structure building opportunities, you can build whatever you want and wherever you want.
Why Choose Adair Homes
- With the assistance of the highly-experienced Adair Homes team, you can know that your particular vision for your home is well within reach.
- It provides a wide array of house plans with custom-designed spaces suitable for everybody.
- All plans are fully customizable, from moving walls to adding windows. The ultimate aim is to build a sustainable green house that best fits your lifestyle and budget.
- Works with you as one team to ensure quality and find innovative ways to build your dream home.
Choosing Idaho’s Most Suitable Green Builder
Selecting to build an eco-friendly and sustainable home is equivalent to creating a safe and comfortable space for you and your family.
So, if you’re searching for a new home or wish to invest in an eco-friendly construction project to promote environmental well-being, don’t think twice about picking any green company mentioned in this list. These builders will help you craft a safe and unique space, giving you immeasurable joy.
The best thing?
By promoting green practices, you can do your part to lower the use of dangerous pollutants that harm our environment. Remember, eco-friendly structures can collectively bring us one step closer to a greener and healthier planet—a place where our future generations will be safe and happy.
We hope our list of the best sustainable builders in Idaho makes it easier for you to pick a company, and we wish you all the luck in this pursuit!
Also, be sure to check out our list of green home builders in neighboring states like Wyoming, Montana, Oregon, and Nevada, as several of the companies featured may be able to deliver a green home to your area of Idaho.