Situated in the northwest of the US, Oregon is the 9th largest state in the country in terms of size. However, it has a sparsely spread population due to its vast forest areas and mountain ranges.
But this hasn’t stopped people from settling there, with its population now exceeding the four million mark, making Oregon the 27th most populous state in the US.
The dense population of Oregon has attracted an increase in homebuilding companies striving to switch to sustainable building methods to curb pollution.
In Oregon, you will find homes catering to all kinds of family structures. In recent years, one such kind of home that has witnessed a significant rise in demand is sustainable green homes.
But it’s important to note that finding a sustainable green company that can build a house according to your needs and desires can be challenging. So this is where we come to help.
In this post, we have listed the four best sustainable home builders in Oregon that are well aware of all the state requirements and specifications to make green homes reliable and durable. These home builders in Oregon can build and customize magnificent homes according to your needs and wants with the bonus of being eco-friendly.
So, if you wish to start a family in this state or invest in environmentally friendly structures, these green homebuilders can help.
However, when building a sustainable home in Oregon or any other state, we strongly suggest you first do your own due diligence. Speak to past clients, go through reviews, scrutinize each homebuilder’s license, and get competitive quotes by using an online bidding system for the best price.
Table of Contents
The Best Green Home Builders in Oregon
Here is our list of Oregon’s best green builders for lower energy bills and reduced carbon footprint. We will discuss why each company is a top pick of the bunch in the next section.
- KDA Homes
- Tiny Heirloom
- Hammer & Hand
- Adair Homes
Situated in Ashland, southern Oregon, KDA Homes is a proud community member.
With over 100 years of experience, this green building company is committed to designing more ingenious structures while paving the way for sustainable green building and residential development in southern Oregon.
KDA Homes approaches every project with one ultimate goal in mind—building new sustainable communities for future generations.
With a strong passion for sustainable development, the company is determined to build environmentally-conscious and affordable homes. KDA Homes believe goods and services can’t be sustainable if they are not reasonably priced.
Similarly, a home isn’t sustainable if it is not affordable. Moreover, KDA Homes understand that design and aesthetics are essential; however, eco-friendliness, efficiency, and quality building are what homeowners value the most.
So, if you are searching for all these things, KDA Homes is the one for you.
Why Choose KDA Homes?
- KDA homes are designed for maximum efficiency, saving homeowners a significant amount of money yearly in energy expenses.
- KDA homes are affordable – both in the short and long term.
- Each KDA Homes structure is Earth Advantage and NW Energy Star-certified.
- It focuses on building zero-energy ready (solar) and Earth Advantage Platinum certified modern-day homes.
- Due to remarkable durability and energy efficiency, KDA Homes-built houses can save you money from day one and, over time, need substantially less upkeep and maintenance.
Tiny Heirloom is perhaps one of the most unique green home building companies in Oregon and throughout the US. The family-owned and operated company started in 2014 and is best known for its HGTV series ‘Tiny Luxury.’
This Oregon-based company builds sustainable homes all over the US. Tiny Heirloom is devoted to ecological sustainability and has found ways to build luxury custom houses that sell for nearly $120,000 but require fewer than 500 square feet.
Keep in mind no two Tiny Heirloom houses are the same. The team of builders and designers works hard to make sure that craftsmanship is always on par with the client’s requirements.
Despite their small size, Tiny Heirloom houses entail luxury features, such as skylights, vaulted ceilings, clawfoot bathtubs, traditional chandeliers, subway tiles, and more.
Why Choose Tiny Heirloom?
- It builds sustainable homes all over the US.
- The company uses recycled materials to create its homes, and every house is set up for solar power.
- Every house is built with 100% renewable energy.
- Custom houses start at $89,000, while the Signature Series begins at only $45,000. Each home is designed and built with unmatched quality and attention to detail.
- Tiny Heirloom promises to deliver the utmost customer satisfaction for all of its projects while guaranteeing affordable pricing, quality craftsmanship, and top-of-the-line customer service.
Hammer & Hand
Hammer & Hand is an accomplished and environmentally-friendly home builder that focuses primarily on passive house design, the strictest guidelines for sustainable green building. Founders Daniel Thomas and Sam Hagerman created Hammer & Hand in 1995.
Over the years, the company has collaborated with renowned architects like the Rockefeller Partners, David Yarbrough, and Scott Edwards Architecture. Additionally, it’s received almost twenty awards, most of them acknowledging excellence in sustainable green building.
Some of these awards include the Housing Innovation Award by the US Department of Energy, the Beyond Green Merit Award by the National Institute of Building Sciences, and several Green Home of the Year Awards.
Hammer & Hand’s new Seattle branch located in the Bullitt Center is deemed the “greenest office building in the world.” It’s also been featured in Proud Green Home, The Portland Tribune, and The Oregonian.
Why Choose Hammer & Hand?
- Apart from numerous qualifications in environmentally friendly design, the company is a certified Earth Advantage Remodeler, a LEED-Accredited Profession, and an Energy Trust of Oregon Trade Ally.
- Hammer & Hand custom houses are modern, luxurious, and designed to harmonize with the natural landscape.
- Provides innovative lifestyle floorplans so that you can easily personalize your home and get the layout of your preference.
Founded in 1969, Adair Homes has been building custom homes and changing lives in Oregon. With more than 50 years of experience under its belt, the company has constructed more than 21,000 custom green homes, each emitting the unique personality of every particular client.
Adair Homes’s work and guiding principles have made it one of the largest custom sustainable green builders in its respective regions and earned it a highly regarded reputation.
Its unique home-building process makes sure that every homeowner receives the utmost value for every dollar they have invested. The company doesn’t only construct houses—it delivers exceptional green home building experiences.
With an ongoing commitment to delivering value and unique on-your-land structure building opportunities, you can construct whatever you want and wherever you want.
Why Choose Adair Homes?
- With the assistance of the highly-experienced Adair Homes team, you can know that your unique vision for your home is well within their reach.
- Adair Homes provides a wide array of floorplans with custom-designed spaces suitable for everybody.
- All Adair plans are fully customizable, from moving walls to adding windows. Its ultimate aim is to build a sustainable green house that best fits your lifestyle, as well as your budget.
- The company works with you as a team to ensure quality and finds innovative ways to build your dream home.
Pick the Best Green Homebuilders In Oregon!
Remember, building an environmentally-friendly and sustainable home is equal to creating a safe and comfortable space for yourself and your family. But constructing your own house is quite a task, especially when it comes to green homes, as not everybody is an expert in this field.
That is why choosing the best green builder in Oregon is extremely important.
If you’re in the market hunting for a new sustainable home or want to invest in an environmentally-friendly building project to promote overall ecological well-being, do consider the green home companies mentioned in this list.
These sustainable builders can fashion a safe and unique space for you and your family.
Plus, by going green, you’ll also be fulfilling your role in lowering the use of harmful pollutants that deteriorate our environment. Every eco-friendly structure collectively brings us one step closer to a greener and healthier planet.
We hope this list of the best green home builders in Oregon makes it easier for you to pick a company, and we wish you all the luck in this pursuit of building the house of your dreams!
Also, be sure to check out our list of the best green builders in California, as several of the companies featured may deliver to your area of Oregon.