The landlocked state of Nevada is hands down one of the best in the US to live in, primarily due to its reasonable cost of living. Located on the western edge, Nevada is the country’s seventh-largest state in terms of area, with 110,567 square miles.
Additionally, no state income tax, affordable housing options, robust economy, and good job opportunities are several reasons this state is one of the best places in the country to raise a family, grow a business, and retire in peace.
But those aren’t the only reasons that make this place fantastic.
Besides Nevada’s natural charms and attractive features, it also boasts some of the best green home builders with extensive eco-friendly construction experience.
But finding a reliable, sustainable green home builder in Nevada can be a task. Therefore, in this post, we have listed ten home builders who can help you build the home of your dreams while ensuring sustainable building practices.
Nevada’s top green home builders are thoroughly aware of all the rules, regulations, and specifications to build sustainable, eco-friendly, durable, and reliable houses.
So, whether you intend to purchase a vacation home here, or wish to move permanently and build a forever home, we strongly suggest you consider some of these most reputed sustainable builders.
Let’s get started.
The Best Green Home Builders in Nevada
Here is our list of the best green home builders in Nevada that stand out from the rest of the pack, including:
- Canyon Creek Custom Homes & Remodeling
- Advance Design & Construction
- Blue Heron
- Adair Homes
- Merlin Custom Home Builders
- Dream Construction Co.
- Gold Rose Construction LLC
- Suncrest Builders
- Lexar Homes
- Alchemy Architects
So without further ado, let’s discuss why each of these companies is a standout and what they can offer homebuyers searching for a green home.
Canyon Creek Custom Homes & Remodeling
Canyon Creek Custom Homes & Remodeling was established in 1992 by John McDonough. Since then has earned a reputation in Las Vegas as a builder of luxury and sustainable custom homes.
The company builds high-end custom green homes in some of Las Vegas’ most sought-after neighborhoods, including MacDonald Highlands and Southern Highlands. Canyon Creek structures are typically contemporary, Tuscan, Mission, or transitional.
The company’s experts work with homeowners from their initial ideas, starting from plot selection, planning, and construction, and take great pride in using sustainable building practices.
Countless satisfied clients have praised the company and its employees for their integrity, dedication, communication, and low-stress working style. Past clients also have said the entire team has superior taste, consummate building skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
Why Choose Canyon Creek Custom Homes & Remodeling
- Many past clients have returned to Canyon Creek for new projects and have recommended their work to others
- Over 20+ years of experience in green building
- Construction management services include land development, custom green homes, general contracting, remodel and extensions, and commercial tenant improvements
- Delivers utmost customer satisfaction for all of their projects whilst guaranteeing quality craftsmanship and top-of-the-line customer service
- Focuses on building exceptional living environments that complement your lifestyle and consider sustainable living by using eco-friendly and conscious building practices
Advance Design & Construction
Advance Design & Construction is a leading sustainable home company in northern Nevada. It is reputed for building beautiful custom homes that are energy-efficient throughout the greater Lake Tahoe area.
The company was founded in 2002 by Jeff Miller, a National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Certified Green Professional and a leader in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified by the U.S. Green Building Council.
In addition to these achievements, the company has also won the Best in the Basin Award for Green Building. All Advance Design-built homes are Energy Star and LEED Silver-certified. Moreover, the company is devoted to transparent, reliable, and ethical business practices.
Why Choose Advance Design & Construction
- Full-time, in-house building crew
- NAHB and LEED-certified
- 20 years of experience in sustainable green building
- Builds high-quality, high-performance, and custom homes while integrating durability, energy efficiency, and sustainability into all projects
Blue Heron was founded by Steve and Tyler Jones nearly two decades ago in 2004. This sustainable design-build company specializes in custom homes and boutique communities across southern Nevada.
Some say it is the Las Vegas leader in employing energy-efficient technologies and green building practices in all its structures. Years of innovative experiments with modern design concepts resulted in Blue Heron’s exceptionally unique Vegas Modern™ signature style homes.
This green company’s list of achievements includes being named to serve as a designer, builder, and architect for the New American Home three times. It is the only home builder in Nevada selected more than once for this purpose.
Blue Heron homes are built throughout the master plans in Las Vegas. In addition, Blue Heron’s projects have been acknowledged in the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Chicago Tribune, Luxury Las Vegas, Wall Street Journal, and Builder Magazine.
Why Choose Blue Heron
- Has been awarded numerous Gold Nugget Grand for the “Dream Home Gold for Green Home Project of the Year” and “Best Custom Homes”
- “Emerald”-certified by the National Green Building Standard and “Platinum” LEED-certified by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Each home is designed and built with unmatched quality and attention to detail
- Committed to constructing low-maintenance, energy-efficient, and high-quality, lasting homes
Adair Homes has been building custom green homes and changing living standards in the West since 1969, one dream home at a time. With over 50 years of experience, this builder has constructed more than 21,000 beautiful custom homes, each with its own personality. Adair’s work ethic and values have made it one of the best home builders in Nevada—honesty, integrity, and respect to create and make customers’ dreams come true.
Its mission is to create a place filled with memories and a place to call home. To be able to help clients and be a part of their dream journey is an absolute honor for them.
The company also offers a wide array of floor plans with custom-designed spaces based on each client’s specs. All Adair home plans are fully customizable—from adding doors and windows to moving walls, the company’s objective is to build a house that fits your lifestyle and budget.
Why Choose Adair Homes
- Provides innovative lifestyle floor plans to easily personalize your home and get the layout of your preference
- With the company’s ongoing commitment to providing value and special ‘on-your-land’ home building offerings, you can build where and what you want, for less
- More than 50 years of experience in sustainable green building
Merlin Custom Home Builders
Since 1989, promoting energy conservation with sustainable building practices has been a constant at Merlin Custom Home Builders.
While coming up with budgets for every custom green house, the company uses its expertise to advise homeowners of the costs, opportunities, options, and benefits of green building.
Additionally, it holds specifications for energy-efficient doors, windows, ceilings, walls, hot water production, lighting systems, electrical systems (including solar voltaic), HVAC systems (including geothermal and other in-floor systems), and water-efficient landscaping solutions.
This green home company’s commitment to sustainable building benefits homeowners’ construction budgets and maintenance overheads throughout the life of their house.
As an avid supporter of sustainable green construction in southern Nevada, Merlin Custom Home participates in the SNHBA’s Green Building Program. It is also a proud member of the Nevada Energy Star Partners’ GREEN Alliance.
Why Choose Merlin Custom Home Builders
- It is a NAHB Certified Green Professional
- The Chief Estimator, Robert Brown, is a certified “Energy Rater” for the Home Energy Rating System (HERS)
- Coordinates Energy Star ratings during the construction process, qualifying homeowners to receive related tax rebates and benefits
Dream Construction Co.
Reduce your home’s carbon footprint and go green from the bottom up with an energy-efficient custom-built house by Dream Construction Co. This Las Vegas-based general contracting firm has more than 20 years of experience.
It proudly provides its green building services in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Seven Hill, Henderson, Silverado Ranch, Anthem, The Lakes, Summerlin, and Green Valley.
The company employs its years of construction experience to build your dream home that will provide you with long-term energy cost savings. In addition, Dream Construction focuses on integrating systems and materials that minimize the detrimental impact on the environment.
Why Choose Dream Construction Co.
- Incorporates sustainable materials while efficiently using resources and space
- Construction designs that substantially lower the cooling and heating needs of your home
- Use of passive solar systems to accumulate solar radiation and offer free lighting
- All Dream Construction Co. green homes entail design features to conserve energy and water
Gold Rose Construction LLC
Part of the Gold Rose Group LLC, this company specializes in building high-quality, contemporary luxury homes using sustainable and eco-friendly resources.
Gold Rose Construction LLC is one of the best home builders in Nevada, transforming the way homes are built with the help of sustainable green technology. Moreover, Gold Rose’s energy-efficient and eco-friendly houses come in multi-family and single-family units.
Why Choose Gold Rose Construction LLC
- Each Gold Rose-built house comes with the option to incorporate solar panels to reduce overall environmental impact and lower monthly energy costs
- You have the option to choose between multi-family and single-family units
- Incorporates sustainable materials while efficiently using resources and space
Suncrest Builders is a full-service residential construction contractor specializing in green designs and sustainable construction of custom single-family units.
It utilizes energy-efficient designs, green building practices, insulating concrete forms (ICF), structural integrated panels (SIP), and other cutting-edge technologies.
For over 20 years, the company has been helping Nevada homeowners turn their dreams into reality by closely working with clients and understanding their unique lifestyle and budget perimeters.
Why Choose Suncrest Builders
- Holds certifications from Solar Photovoltaic, Solar Thermal and CleanEdison
- Offers hyper-efficient home designs of 1600+ or 2000+ square feet
- Certified EnviroHaven and Energy Start home builder
Founded in 2001, Lexar Homes effectively combines the creativity of the best architects with the unmatched reliability of experienced local home construction contractors to build houses that allow for your best life.
Unlike most houses on the market, the company builds homes exceeding minimum state code requirements for performance standards—resulting in massive average annual savings of $1,257 – $2,335.
Why Choose Lexar Homes
- Provides different featured homes, including Brookhaven, Lakeview, Graystone, Foxtail, Summit, Redwood, Alpine, and Madrona
- The company has built over 5000 homes since 2001
- Offers 75 functional and stylish floorplans for all budgets
- The company also has 18 offices in Idaho, Washington, and Oregon
Headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota, and founded in 1992, this green company designs energy-efficient, sustainable, minimalistic modular, and traditional, site-built homes in Nevada, Arizona, California, and other states.
Alchemy Architects is well-known for its efficient building practices, contemporary aesthetics, and trivial carbon footprints. The company uses a time-tested process for all projects, including site visits, design development, feasibility study, and construction administration.
In addition, Alchemy works closely with its factory partners throughout the entire construction cycle.
Why Choose Alchemy Architects
- Efficiently uses innovative technology, space, and resources to maximize the environmental sustainability, comfort, and durability of each house designed.
- Offers an array of floor plans to accommodate different climate, sizes, and geographic needs suitably
- Uses a time-tested process for all its projects
Now, Choose a Green Home Builder in Nevada
Deciding to build an eco-friendly and sustainable home is equivalent to creating a safe and comfortable space for yourself and your family.
So when building a home in Nevada or any other state, we suggest you first speak to past clients, scrutinize each home builder’s license with the local licensing board, and use an online bidding system to get competitive quotes for the best price.
With that said, if you’re searching for a new home or wish to invest in an eco-friendly construction project to promote environmental well-being, you shouldn’t have any reservations about choosing any company mentioned in this list. These sustainable builders mentioned will help you create a safe and unique space, offering you immeasurable joy.
The best thing?
By promoting green practices, you can play your part in lowering the use of detrimental pollutants that harm our environment.
Remember, eco-friendly structures can collectively bring us one step closer to a greener and healthier planet—a place where our future generations will be safe and happy.
We hope our list of the top green home builders in Nevada makes it easier for you to pick a company, and we wish you luck in this pursuit of building the eco-friendly house of your dreams!
Also, be sure to check out our list of green home builders in neighboring states like California, Arizona and Utah, and our top choices of modular builders in Nevada, as several of the companies featured may be able to deliver a green home to your area of the state.