Bordered by England, Severn Estuary, the Celtic and Irish seas, and the Bristol Channel, Wales is a part of the UK.
The largest city and also the capital of Wales is Cardiff, with a population of 346,090 residents. Other significant areas include Newport, Bangor, Swansea, St Asaph, and St Davids.
Residing in Wales can give you a lifestyle unmatched by a big, urban city. It boasts several UNESCO world heritage sites, miles of stunning coastline, gorgeous countryside, and brilliant transport links to the rest of the UK.
You may be surprised to learn that modular home properties in Wales are cheaper than in similar areas of England. In fact, the overall cost of living here is estimated at 15% less than in the rest of the United Kingdom.
So, if you are planning to move to there for any of its wonders, we suggest you look at our list of the best modular home builders in Wales.
But, you may ask, “why a modular home?”
Choosing a modular home over a traditionally-built house comes with its own set of benefits. For instance, they are more affordable, generate less waste, take less time to build, and last a very long time. Basically, everything you as a homeowner seek while building your dream house.
Below we’ve listed four modular builders in Wales focused heavily on reliable, quick, durable, and affordable modular construction that stand out from the rest of the pack.
The Best Modular Builders in Wales
After scouring the Internet, our research led us to this shortlist of acclaimed modular builders in Wales, including:
The Wee House Company
Eco Homes Direct Ltd.
MODEX Spaces Ltd.
Now that you’ve seen the list let’s dissect the most prominent features of these modular builders in Wales to help you understand why each company is a top pick.
The Wee House Company
With almost a decade of experience in modular homes, The Wee House Company aims to make custom buildings accessible anywhere in the UK, including Wales.
Founded by the father-daughter duo Ian Hope and Jennifer Higgins, the company has a multi-award-winning history and is blazing the trail in modular homes.
The company’s depth of construction experience positions it at the forefront of modular build innovations. The project team oversees the entire process through turnkey service, from planning and design to construction and service installation.
Additionally, The Wee House Company is accredited by the Buildoffsite Property Assurance Scheme (BOPAS), providing quality assurance for unconventional construction methods. The firm has also been evaluated and approved per IS0 9001:2015 quality management guidelines, systems, and standards.
Why Choose The Wee House Company
- Famous for designing, building, and delivering modular homes quickly and cost-effectively
- Dealing with a single contractor like this can result in substantial cost savings and can also take the stress out of building a home
- Past clients claim that the experience with The Wee House Company is smooth and painless
- The modular home construction and finish is ‘five-star’ according to several client testimonials
- The company designs and carries out on-site modular construction of one and two-story structural timber buildings.
The Wernick Group of firms has a huge and proud history dating back to 1934. Today, it is one of Britain’s most prominent independent vendors and manufacturers of mobile and modular homes.
Collectively, the group of Wernick firms offers the selling and rental of both temporary and permanent modular buildings, off-grid power solutions, and site accommodation. With 32 divisional offices and depots all over the United Kingdom, the company works extensively across the private and public sectors.
Presently, the Wernick Group is comprised of:
- Wernick Buildings Ltd
- Wernick Hire Ltd
- Wernick Event Hire Ltd (Trading as Wernick Events)
- Wernick Refurbished Buildings Ltd
- Wernick Power Solutions
Why Choose Wernick Buildings?
- 85+ years of experience building modular homes
- ISO 14001:2015-certified, which is presently the highest award in the UK for environmental management systems
- It’s committed to being a Carbon-Zero firm by 2040.
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)-certified, showing that 70% of timber used to construct its homes is sourced through sustainable means
- Holds various other certifications, including MPBA, Competent Person Scheme, ISO 9001:2015, and Achilles UVDB
Eco Homes Direct Ltd.
Eco Homes Direct has 100+ years of combined experience manufacturing low-energy modular homes based on the principles of airtight, well-engineered, insulated build systems.
This home builder focuses on the flexible design and solid construction of modular homes with specialists emphasizing robust and long-standing wall systems via the application of timber frames along with the latest airtightness and insulation techniques.
Additionally, the company handles bespoke, specialist projects and larger standardized developments to offer only the best quality craftsmanship throughout the entire process—from designing, planning, and manufacturing to on-site construction and management.
Why Choose Eco Homes Direct Ltd.
- The highly experienced team can help clients get modular homes that are energy-efficient, comfortable, and affordable
- Follows Canadian Super Energy and Passive Haus Build concepts
- 40+ years of experience in modular home airtightness technology and techniques
- Uses a holistic approach to guarantee the high-quality performance of low-energy modular homes
MODEX Spaces Ltd.
MODEX Spaces Ltd.‘s experience spans over 60+ years. Its structures are built stronger, in a faster time frame, and with less disturbance than an on-site built home.
The company also offers a selection of floorplans so homebuyers can choose a design that best meets their unique specifications.
Any of these plans can be altered, reversed, combined, or re-sized and work as an excellent starting point. There are no additional charges for making changes or creating your own plan from scratch.
Why Choose MODEX Spaces Ltd.
- Provides reliable, versatile, and affordable modular spaces
- The company works closely with every client to create a building plan that meets both their specific needs and budget
- From energy-efficient design to custom built-ins and quality craftsmanship, MODEX Spaces does it all
- Accredited by SSIP and CHAS
Picking the Top Modular Builder in Wales for Your Needs
Hopefully, this list gives you a clearer idea of which modular home builder in the country best suits your needs. If you have any questions regarding any of the companies we have outlined above or would like to learn more about them, please do not hesitate to reach out!
Just keep in mind that the right home builder can help you maintain the integrity of your home for the years to come. Therefore, be sure to make an intelligent and informed decision when you’re choosing one.
Best of luck in your home buying endeavors!