Located on the east coast of the US, South Carolina is one of the largest states in the country in terms of size. It has a relatively high population density as well.
The low gas taxes and warm and welcoming southern hospitality make this state an ideal habitat for people from all walks of life. Especially if you’re somebody searching for a life of comfort and adventure. The grand majestic mountains, splattering beaches, and breathtaking camping spots are a few of the countless places you can enjoy and visit to let off some steam.
But that is not the only reason that makes South Carolina such an exceptional place to be.
The state is known to offer some of the most affordable housing options. You’ll find homes catering to all forms and sorts of family structures. In recent years, one such kind of home that has witnessed a tremendous rise in demand is sustainable green homes.
However, finding a sustainable green home built to perfection can be an arduous task, particularly if you want a house that’s made as per your personal needs and requirements.
We have listed four green home builders in South Carolina in this post. They focus heavily on sustainable and environmentally friendly building practices to bring you the home of your dreams. Whether you wish to invest in eco-friendly homes or raise a family in the Palmetto State, these green homebuilders can make your dreams a reality.
Table of Contents
The Best Green Home Builders in South Carolina
For lower energy bills and carbon footprint, here is our list of the most highly regarded green home builders in South Carolina.
- True Homes
- Addison Homes
- Cimarron Homes
- Piedmont Green
So, without further ado, let’s investigate each of these builders and the specific features that have to offer homebuyers.
True Homes is a sustainable green home builder committed to bringing cutting-edge home designs, new home styles, and value to residential communities living throughout South Carolina and North Carolina.
Thanks to an impressive clientele, True Homes has become one of South Carolina’s most notable sustainable green builders, with stunning homes in the most popular residential areas. But merely being imminent has not earned them a place on this list.
What makes the company remarkable is its commitment to being true to every little thing that matters most to you. For instance, providing clients with four different home collections, from elegant luxury homes to sassy townhomes, or constructing on a personal piece of their land so they can find whatever best fits their lifestyle, budget, and personality.
Why Choose True Homes
- Four different home collections to best meet your lifestyle, personality, and budget preferences
- A+ rating by Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Delivers extra square footage for the same money, meaning you can choose extra rooms without paying extra pennies
- Innovative lifestyle floorplans that you can easily personalize your home and get the layout of your preference
Addison Homes is one of the premier builders of high-performance and sustainable green homes in upstate South Carolina.
It is firmly devoted to building energy-efficient homes at the best possible prices, and 100% guarantees that its new homes are Energy Star, EPA Indoor airPLUS standard, and Zero Energy Ready-certified.
The best thing about this green company is that it individualizes every project to the client’s particular needs and demands. Moreover, Addison’s personalized floor plans feature open, integrated spaces designed to perfection for optimal flow and comfort. A trademark Addison Home entails traits like energy efficiency, stylish aesthetics, and a universal design.
Each home also provides healthy air quality with natural lighting to further enhance the overall indoor environment.
Why Choose Addison Homes
- Due to remarkable durability and energy efficiency, Addison Homes-built houses can save you money from day one and, over time, need substantially less upkeep and maintenance.
- It is the only Greenville, South Carolina sustainable green home builder that provides utility bill guarantees to clients. In a nutshell, you’ll spend fewer dollars on cooling and heating your space. If not, the company will pay the difference.
- The company has received multiple green building awards, including Housing Innovation Awards from the US Department of Energy and the Pinnacle Award for Best Achievement in Energy Efficiency from the Home Builders Association of South Carolina.
Cimarron Homes is perhaps the only sustainable green homebuilder in South Carolina that has obtained the Home Innovation Research Labs National Green Building Standard (NGBS) Certification on each of its custom-built houses.
Over the years, it has diligently followed remarkable sustainable green practices in constructing structures and is recognized as an NGBS Green Partner of Excellence over the years.
Today, the company follows NGBS as a blueprint for creating sustainable homes as it’s the only green building rating system for residential houses approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
Why Choose Cimarron Homes
- Cimarron Homes has been an NGBS Green Partner of Excellence for over five years.
- Follow practices that help curb the environmental impact of building homes, including site design and creating onsite infiltration/stormwater retention feat.
- Every Cimarron Home comes equipped with the option to choose a solar photovoltaic system to minimize energy bills. In addition, the systems are designed and available in multiple sizes to fit every budget.
- Cimarron Homes use Moen water-conserving products, like faucets (32% in water savings), low-flow showerheads (40% in water savings), and highly efficient toilets (20% in water savings).
- The company uses low volatile organic compound (VOC) paint.
- All homes by Cimarron exceed Energy Star standards. Each house is built with tightly sealed ducts, advanced framing techniques, attic insulation, and air returns.
Located in Greenville (and surrounding areas), Piedmont Green is an industry-leading container home constructing company. It seeks to provide aspiring home buyers with affordable living through budget-friendly green homes.
The company believes container homes are a modular and inexpensive alternative to conventional house structures.
Without any doubt, container homes are the newest and hottest trend in sustainable green living. Not only that, these houses come with complete personalization freedom at the affordability of low-income housing.
With years of experience under its belt and a wealth of knowledge, this locally-owned and operated green company offers trust, respect, commitment, dedication, and integrity to meet customer needs and exceed expectations.
Why Choose Piedmont Green
- Promises to deliver utmost customer satisfaction for all of their projects while guaranteeing affordable pricing, quality craftsmanship, and top-of-the-line customer service.
- Provides affordable housing solutions. These sustainable container homes lower costs from inception to installation without sacrificing comfort or design.
- Boasting steel cores and a contemporary, sleek design, Piedmont Green custom homes deliver incredibly durable structures built to last.
Stop Hunting and Get Started!
Choosing to build an eco-friendly and sustainable home is paramount to creating a safe and comfortable space for yourself and your family.
When it comes to building a green home in South Carolina, we highly recommend you to first speak to past clients, scrutinize each homebuilder’s license with the local licensing board, and use an online bidding system to get competitive quotes for the best price.
With that said, if you are in the market for a new home or wish to invest in an environmentally friendly construction project to promote overall ecological well-being, don’t think twice to pick any green company mentioned in this list.
The aforementioned home builders will construct a safe and unique space, offering you immeasurable joy.
The best thing? By promoting green practices, you can play your part in lowering the use of dangerous pollutants that harm our environment.
Keep in mind every environmentally friendly structure collectively brings us one step closer to a greener and healthier planet—a place where our future generations will be safe and happy.
We hope our list of the best green home builders in South Carolina makes it easier for you to pick a company, and we wish you all the luck in this pursuit of building the house of your dreams!
Also, be sure to check out our list of green home builders in North Carolina and our top choices of modular builders in South Carolina, as several of the companies featured may be able to deliver a green home to your area of the state.