Most people enjoy living in Indiana due to its reasonable cost of living. However, as the climate change crisis worsens, most homeowners in the Hoosier State are in haste to shift to sustainable living.
Shifting to sustainable living will not only help conserve the environment but also make your life comfortable while lowering your utility bills. However, the struggle to find sustainable green home builders in Indiana is real. It’s daunting to locate reliable builders who share the same green vision, not only in Indiana but also in other U.S. states.
Luckily, we’ve compiled a list of the top sustainable green home builders in Indiana to make your search easier. These builders are highly experienced and will help you build a quality, code-compliant, sustainable home in Indiana.
The Best Sustainable Green Home Builders in Indiana
Here is our list of the best green builders in Indiana that stand out from the rest of the pack, including:
- Commodore Homes
- Lancia Homes
- GH Builders USA
- G&G Custom Homes Inc.
- Dan Elliott Custom Homes
- Fall Creek Homes
- Cedar Street Builders
- Younique Design + Build
- Team Construction
- Guyco Homes
So, without further ado, let’s break down what each of these esteemed green builders has to offer prospective homebuyers.
Commodore Homes was founded in 1952 with the intention of building exceptional sustainable green homes at great prices.
This company is widely known for its energy-efficient techniques, outstanding customer service and support, innovative designs, and superior construction.
Its green-certified and Energy Star-ready balanced heating systems offer functionality while lowering utility bills.
Additionally, its one-of-a-kind KCMA-certified fixtures can add extra aesthetic value to your home.
Why Choose Commodore Homes
- Coordinates Energy Star ratings during the construction process, qualifying homeowners for related tax rebates and benefits
- Due to remarkable durability and energy efficiency, Commodore-built houses can save you money from day one and require substantially less upkeep and maintenance
- Over 70 years of experience
- Affordable and Energy Star-certified homes
- Guaranteed lower utility costs
Lancia Homes has been building sustainable houses in New Haven, Fort Wayne, and the surrounding 50-mile region since 1975.
Put simply, this company can bring your green home dreams to life. It is a custom builder with various floor plans and material options available.
The best thing about working with Lancia Homes? The size and design of your dream home are solely in your hands.
In addition, just because the company utilizes the finest construction materials and provides unmatched attention to detail, it does not mean you will have to pay a dollar more than what’s needed. Lancia is not only an expert custom builder but also an affordable home builder.
Why Choose Lancia Homes
- Promises to deliver the utmost customer satisfaction for all projects while guaranteeing affordable pricing, quality craftsmanship, and top-of-the-line customer service
- Size and design options for your home are in your hands.
- Provides innovative lifestyle floor plans to easily personalize your home and get the layout of your preference.
GH Builders USA
GH Builders is one of the best green home builders in Indiana. So, if you’re searching for an energy-efficient, smart, eco-friendly, and sustainable home to fit your lifestyle, this is the company for you.
GH Builders manufactures green homes under the ISO 50001 energy management standard to ensure your new house is environmentally-friendly and comfortable throughout the year.
In addition, the company can build any form of environmentally friendly home for you—from net-zero to passive solar houses and universal designs.
Why Choose GH Builders USA
- Offers life cycle assessment and ensures environmental quality enhancement, waste reduction, energy efficiency, material efficiency, structure design efficiency, operations optimization, and water efficiency for an eco-friendly home
- One of the few ISO 50001-compliant home builders of environmentally friendly homes
- Uses low-cost, high-quality renewable materials to design and build homes with unmatched quality and attention to detail
- Provides innovative lifestyle floor plans to easily personalize your home and get the layout of your preference.
- Highly-qualified professionals who can help you choose fashionable green home designs with energy-efficient solutions to lower utility bills and offset your carbon footprint
G&G Custom Homes Inc.
G&G Custom Homes promises Indiana homeowners a superior building experience by being selective with the number of houses it builds every year.
The aim is to establish a close working relationship with each client and work directly with them from start to finish.
G&G also uses a web-based service known as BuilderTREND to simplify the home building process.
Clients can easily track selections online 24/7, document decisions to curb confusion, access budget and schedule information, view cost allocations, and oversee their home portfolios during the building process.
Why Choose G&G Custom Homes Inc.
- Selects a limited number of houses to build every year to establish a close working relationship with each client and works directly with them from start to finish
- Promises to deliver the utmost customer satisfaction for all projects while guaranteeing quality craftsmanship and top-of-the-line customer service
- It uses a web-based service known as “BuilderTREND” to make the building process easier for clients
Dan Elliott Homes
Whether you wish to remodel an existing home or want to build one from scratch, Dan Elliott Homes can help.
This green company has provided its services to homeowners in Indiana with excellence for over 35 years.
With quality construction, superior craftsmanship, and innovative designs, Dan Elliott is one of the most preferred choices of luxury green home builders in central Indiana. The company can design and build your dream home as you’d like it to be.
So, whether you’re interested in long-term money savings from a more energy-efficient home or wish to build a LEED-certified structure, Dan Elliott Custom Homes can remodel, design, or create the home for you.
Why Choose Dan Elliott Homes
- Green Professional and LEED-certified construction practices
- Builds high-quality, high-performance, and custom homes while integrating energy efficiency and sustainability into projects
Fall Creek Homes
Fall Creek Homes is a locally-owned, custom green home builder located in Fort Wayne.
The company strives to simplify the building process by offering personal service and over 30 years of experience to each client.
So, whether you are new to Fort Wayne or hunting for your next sustainable house in the area, Fall Creek Homes can help.
Why Choose Fall Creek Homes
- All Fall Creek homes are third-party tested for energy efficiency
- The company has successfully built sustainable green homes all over the Fort Wayne area
- Ensures your house is as energy-efficient as possible by utilizing everything from LED bulbs to revolutionary insulation and more
Cedar Street Builders
Cedar Street Builders focuses on constructing high-performance, high-quality green homes in Indiana.
It uses proven building methods and the finest construction materials available for this purpose, ensuring each project’s particular design and budget goals are met.
The company works with homeowners, manufacturers, designers, sub-contractors, and even municipalities to guarantee your high-performance home will last.
Cedar Street Builders doesn’t strive to be a “one-stop-shop.” Instead, it understands that the best solutions involve collaborating with different surrounding experts—from designers and architects to energy raters, green building consultants, installing subcontractors, and product manufacturers.
Why Choose Cedar Street Builders
- Experience with Net Zero Energy and Certified Passive construction
- Ensures exceptional construction quality of every project via third-party verifications
- Provides thoughtfully designed and implemented energy-efficient construction elements and quality ventilation systems to deliver high-performance homes.
- Collaborative approach for every project
Younique Design + Build
Located in Valparaiso, Younique Design + Build is among the top sustainable green home builders in Indiana for a good reason.
The company designs and builds homes to stand the test of time while reducing their overall carbon footprints. The goal is to preserve the planet for future generations.
Younique Design + Build has a team of like-minded professionals who collaborate to design and build the most advanced green homes in the state. The team works with clients throughout the entire process to create unique homes.
The best part?
Even if you’re new in the construction industry, the company’s highly qualified and trained specialists will explain everything to eliminate any surprises.
Being a full-service design-build company, Younique Design + Build will help you with everything you may need for your sustainable home in Indiana.
We featured this builder on our list because it specializes in multiple green technologies, including:
- Low E argon-filled windows
- R-45 attic insulation
- Efficient water heating systems
- Programmable thermostats
- Energy-efficient doors
- Highly insulated foundations
- Energy Star appliances
Why Choose Younique Design + Build?
- It incorporates third-party certifications for whole-home energy efficiency
- Installation of tankless water heaters to conserve energy
- Homes come with thermal house wraps offering a radiant barrier for comfortable indoor temperatures
- It customizes its Energy Star-rated windows based on the local climate
- It employs professional HVAC designers who ensure these systems are properly designed for energy efficiency
- An Energy Star and USGBC member
Located in Goshen, Team Construction was founded in 1991 and has been improving the home construction process for sustainability.
As a semi and full-custom home builder, Team Construction is dedicated to providing transparent, accurate pricing with high-quality standards and fast construction processes.
Since this company is a certified green professional, its homes are designed for Bronze standards. This means all its homes guarantee low energy and water bills and incorporate efficient use of construction materials.
Another green construction aspect employed by this company is ensuring that all homes promote quality indoor environments. Therefore, you can rest assured that your family is safer in a home built by Team Construction.
All homes by this company are built to meet LEED and the NAHB National Green Building Program standards. Also, after construction, all homes are given a “Green” rating by a Certified Green Professional.
Why Choose Team Construction?
- Third-party certifications for energy efficiency and sustainable construction
- It’s a Certified Green Professional that guarantees highly sustainable homes
- It designs and builds its homes to meet LEED and NAHB standards for energy and water efficiency
- A wide variety of plans to choose from. It specializes in semi-custom, full-custom, and standard-specified homes
- Its experts will guide you in selecting and customizing an ideal financing
- It provides warranties for completed homes
Guyco Homes is an expert home builder and remodeler based in Avon. It’s a premier destination for new construction and luxury remodeling in the state.
Since its inception in 2003, this company has been transforming outdated spaces into functional, stunning areas while adhering to sustainability. Its goal has been to enhance its customers’ lifestyles and the value of their homes while conserving the planet.
As one of the top green building experts in Indiana, Guyco Homes ensures that all its projects meet green-building standards.
For remodeling, the company starts everything by conducting a home energy audit. Its professional Home Energy Auditors will assess the following to inform the entire process:
- Your home’s current performance
- The required improvements
- Goals of the improvement activities
- Improvement priorities
The best part?
Before embarking on anything, the company’s auditors will advise you on the most effective improvements to make your home more energy-efficient and sustainable. Therefore, you’ll know beforehand what you’re getting into.
The sustainable building initiatives employed by Guyco Homes include:
- EPA radon-resistant construction for indoor air quality
- Energy Star-rated appliances
- LEED construction standards
Why Choose Guyco Homes?
- Its homes are designed and built to LEED standards
- An award-winning builder that combines artful use of space with innovative designs
- It fosters superior craftsmanship with a keen eye for detail
- It collaborates with some of the best lenders in the state to save you money and time
- Knowledgeable professionals who guarantee quality green homes
Now, Choose Your Green Home Builder in Indiana!
Deciding to build an eco-friendly and sustainable home is equivalent to creating a safe and comfortable space for yourself and your family.
Considering this, when building a home in Indiana or any other state, we strongly suggest you first speak to past clients, scrutinize each builder’s license with the local licensing board, and use an online bidding system to get competitive quotes for the best price.
However, with that said, if you’re searching for a new home and wish to invest in an eco-friendly construction project to promote environmental well-being, don’t think twice about picking any company mentioned in this list.
Any of these sustainable builders will help you build a safe and unique space, offering you immeasurable joy.
The best thing? By promoting green practices, you can play your part in lowering the use of detrimental pollutants that harm our environment.
Remember, eco-friendly structures can collectively bring us one step closer to a greener and healthier planet—a place where our future generations will be safe and happy.
We hope our list of the best green homebuilders in Indiana makes it easier for you to pick a company, and we wish you all the luck in this pursuit of building the house of your dreams!
Also, check out our lists of modular home builders in Indiana, and green home builders in neighboring states like Illinois and Michigan, as several of the companies featured may service and deliver a green home to your area of Indiana.