Located on the western edge of Canada, Alberta touches the Northwest Territories towards the north, while the east and west borders meet Saskatchewan and British Columbia, respectively. With over four million inhabitants, it is the fourth most populous province.
Famous for its beautiful landscapes, including the Rocky Mountains and Banff National Park, Alberta is home to some of the most scenic and enchanting sceneries. Additionally, this Canadian province boasts a large oil and gas industry and is rich in natural resources.
Considering the substantial carbon footprint of these industries, many Alberta residents are interested in reducing their environmental impact. Building a sustainable modular home is undoubtedly one of the best ways to do this.
But finding a modular home built to perfection can be challenging, especially with new contenders flooding the market every day.
To assist you, we’ve outlined six modular construction companies in Alberta that focus heavily on quick, affordable, long-lasting, and environmentally friendly building practices to bring you the home of your dreams.
Whether you wish to invest in modular buildings or raise a family in this province, these builders can help you realize your dreams.
The Best Modular Home Builders in Alberta
These top modular builders specifications to build environmentally friendly, durable, and reliable homes. Our list includes:
- Linwood Custom Homes
- JayWest Country Homes
- Jandel Homes
- Roca Modular Homes
- Prairie & Fine Point Cedar Homes
- ZeroSquared Tiny Homes
So, without further ado, let’s look at exactly what each of these esteemed companies has to offer prospective clients.
Linwood Custom Homes
Since its inception, Linwood Custom Homes has been offering some of the best variety of modular homes to Albertans as it builds an array of prefabricated style designs, from cabins and cottages to contemporary residential dwellings.
Apart from existing ready-made modular home designs, the company enables clients to modify the layout to make their homes as personalized as possible. In addition to homes, Linwood is also famous for commercial structures as large as 45,000 square feet.
The company handles everything from idea generation and layout design to construction and installation, so you won’t have to stress about anything. The company also provides site-specific plans to service clients with easily buildable modular houses. Therefore, do not forget to specify your building site should you pick this builder.
Why Choose Linwood Custom Homes
- Provides personalization opportunities to clients who wish to build their homes per their requirements
- Offers site-specific designs to provide the client with easily buildable modular prefab houses
- A vast range of designs to meet every budget, location, and style
- 50+ years of experience in building everything from a 224 square feet tiny home to a 45,000 square feet conference center
- A recipient of several local and national home building awards
JayWest Country Homes
JayWest Country Homes allow clients to decide on the material, design, and construction site. However, their experts are always there to guide each client throughout the process.
The best thing about this family-owned and operated business is that it provides a vast range of materials at affordable prices. Due to this, you can have access to cost-effective, energy-efficient design elements with a lifetime warranty.
JayWest also takes great pride in 80+ home designs to date, from which potential clients can draw inspiration and modify according to their unique specs. In addition, homebuyers can better understand the company’s floorplans, thanks to its online project management and 3D rendering services.
Why Choose JayWest Country Homes
- 80+ house designs that clients can customize per their requirements
- Use of inexpensive but high-quality materials in its construction
- Offers a 3D modeling service to clients to meet their design specs and eidetic vision
- Provides an online project management portal that keeps clients updated regarding the building process
Founded in 1974, Jandel Homes has built modular abodes and manufactured structures for 45+ years in Alberta. With an award-winning track record, the company is one of western Canada’s most prominent prefab home retailers.
Jandel Homes has sales centers in Grande Prairie, Edmonton, and new home developments throughout the province of Alberta. In addition, it delivers houses and commercial structures all over the prairies (including Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan), British Columbia, and adjoining territories.
In contrast to other market players, Jandel Homes have competitively-priced modular houses with superior build quality and a selection of contemporary designs to fit all kinds of budget.
Why Choose Jandel Homes
- Every Jandel home is built with the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) standards to fulfill local requirements adequately
- With modular homes manufactured in a climate-controlled, technologically advanced facility, Jandel Homes offers only the best in the market
- 45-plus years of experience in the factory-built industry, making it one of Western Canada’s leading professionals in modular construction
- Jandel Homes transports structures of any size to your preferred site
Roca Modular Homes
Next on our list of the best is Roca Modular Homes. With this Alberta-owned and operated company headquartered in Stony Plain, you are bound to get sturdy homes with extended warranties thanks to its high-quality materials and expert artistry.
As a member of the Alberta area community, the company prides itself on its local reputation for integrity and craftsmanship. So if you pick Roca Modular Homes, you can rest assured that you’re working with a builder that builds superior quality modular homes and cares about the housing needs of the community you live in.
Roca Modular Homes offers energy-efficient construction and custom design options within your budget. Moreover, it promises to meet or exceed building codes with no cookie-cutter home designs.
The company also facilitates clients in implementing maintenance and energy-saving features, making homes less costly and more efficient to maintain in the upcoming years.
Why Choose Roca Modular Homes
- Provides a comprehensive 20-year Triple M Housing structural warranty
- No extra costs or weather delays for stolen or damaged materials
- Service-oriented and committed to helping clients pick a house they’ll enjoy for years to come
- Use of only the best building materials to create reliable, safe, and long-lasting homes
Prairie & Fine Point Cedar Homes
Prairie & Fine Point Cedar Homes provides clients with some of the best homes in Alberta, from country cottages to contemporary modular structures. In addition, the company takes great pride in offering clients sustainable and accessible design options.
Prairie & Fine Point also uses the post and beam building method to make homes more flexible for modifications. This build style is especially beneficial if you intend to make any additions to your house in the future.
The company is a local independent distributor of Lindal Cedar Homes and has been acknowledged as one of its top ten distributors. In addition, since Prairie & Fine Point only utilizes the finest construction materials, the company guarantees Lindal’s lifetime structural warranty for its structures.
Why Choose Prairie & Fine Point Cedar Homes
- Boasts Lindal’s lifetime structural warranty along with flexibility for modifications
- A LEED-certified professional that provides clients with creative options for highly sustainable, energy-efficient, and budget-friendly design options
- Has been one of “Lindal’s Top 10 Dealers Worldwide” since 2006
- Besides constructing homes, the company helps with landscaping, land acquisition, and budgeting
ZeroSquared Tiny Homes
This company builds and delivers some of the best modular houses not only in Alberta but also throughout the North American region. ZeroSquared Tiny Homes durable construction materials – from R42 floors to R24 walls – can withstand the hottest American summers and coldest Canadian winters.
In addition, the company is the first and only modular builder offering expandable homes so that homeowners can add up to 126 sq ft of livable space. This expandable design and technology make ZeroSquared’s modular structure far better than other options.
Moreover, the company offers clients two other rigid modular homes and three different expandable tiny home designs. ZeroSquared also boasts a one-year warranty for fixtures, plumbing, and electrical connections.
Another great thing about this company is that it also extends financing options to clients.
Why Choose ZeroSquared Tiny Homes
- Apart from building homes, the company also offers financing options.
- Focuses on expandable designs and technology
- Provides warranty for fixtures, plumbing, and electrical connections
Conclusion – Selecting the Best Modular Builder in Alberta
Choosing to build an eco-friendly modular home is equivalent to creating a safe and comfortable space for you and your family.
When buying a home in this Canadian province or elsewhere, we strongly suggest you first speak to past clients, scrutinize the builder’s license with the local licensing board, and use an online bidding system to get competitive quotes for the best price.
With that said, if you’re searching for a new home or wish to invest in a construction project that promotes environmental well-being, don’t think twice about picking any company mentioned here. These builders will help you construct a safe and unique space, giving you immeasurable joy.
Moreover, by promoting green practices, you can play your part in lowering the use of pollutants that endanger our environment. Remember, eco-friendly structures can collectively bring us one step closer to a greener and healthier planet—a place where our future generations will be safe and content.
We hope our list of best modular builders in Alberta makes it simple for you to select a company, and we wish you well in this pursuit of building your dream home!
Also, be sure to check out our list of the top sustainable green builders in Alberta, as several of the companies featured also construct houses that are considered “modular,” and may deliver to your area of the province.