Many options are available if you’re looking for a BR30 flood light for your home. While this may be a good thing as it gives you variety, it can also make it challenging to decide what to buy. So which BR30 flood light is right for you?
We think the best BR30 flood light LED bulb in 2023 is the Philips LED Flicker-Free High Lumen BR30. This highly-rated 15-watt bulb offers exceptional features such as high energy efficiency, a warm glow dim, and a maximum intensity of 1400 lumens.
Plenty of other great BR30 flood light options are available, so keep reading to find out which ones!
And just a heads up – this post has some affiliate links in them as well. You can choose to use them or not for purchases (it doesn’t change the price at all), but we get a small commission if you do. It helps support the team here so we can keep writing up similar articles into the future.
Best Overall: Philips LED Flicker-Free High Lumen BR30
LED flickering is common. It happens for various reasons, the most frequent of which is voltage fluctuations.
If you, too, are done with the constant flickering of your light bulbs, the Philips LED Flicker-Free High Lumen BR30 is perfect for you.
Not only is this bulb flicker-free, but it’s also dimmable. And while it’s not the only dimmable bulb on this list, it stands out for having a warm glow dim rather than just a toned-down soft white.
As far as the features are concerned, this 15-watt bulb also has a five-year warranty, a maximum intensity of 1400 lumens, and high energy efficiency.
This product is available on Amazon as a four-pack. It also has an exceptionally high average rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on the experience of 212 customers.
Its most appreciated quality is its brightness.
● Some customers report that it is difficult to find an individual replacement bulb as they come in a pack of four.
- Dims to a Warm Glow Philips: LED bulbs with warm glow dimming work with most dimmers to smoothly transition from soft white light to a warm and cozy glow.
- High Lumen: A bulb with significantly more light than its traditional equivalent, for high ceilings and applications that need more light.
- High Quality Light: These high quality, high-performance LED lights turn on instantly to provide beautifully soft, warm light that can last up to 11,000 hours or up to 10 years.
- Light That's Easy On Your Eyes: Philips lighting products are designed to meet stringent EyeComfort requirements for flicker, strobe, glare, color rendition, and dimming effects.
- Up to 90% Energy Savings: More energy-efficient than traditional bulbs, LED bulbs provide the same brightness and brilliance as incandescent bulbs. These stylish bulbs use less energy and fewer watts and have a long life of consistent illumination.
Best for Automation: Philips Hue BR30 Smart Bulb
I like to buy the Philips lamp (picture above) due to the known brand quality and design.
Controllable with voice commands, the Philips Hue BR30 Smart Bulb is truly a testament to how far we have come technologically.
The prerequisite for using the voice command feature is having an Alexa device and a hub.
Therefore, this flood light may appeal to those who aren’t budget conscious and whose primary concern is automation.
Made to fit into 5-6 inch (13-15 cm) recessed cans, this dimmable 9-watt bulb comes with white and color ambiance options, a two-year warranty, and a maximum brightness of 800 lumens.
Additionally, this bulb has relaxed and focused lighting, timers, wake-up lighting, and gaming lighting.
This product has an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon after considering 969 reviews.
As per the ratings, the energy efficiency of this bulb stood out the most to customers.
● Voice control
● Two color options
● Some customers report an audible hum when the bulb is switched on.
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately). For the full Hue experience and to take advantage of voice activation purchase the Philips Hue Hub (Model: 458471). Search "Philips Hue Hub" or "B016H0QZ7I" to find this product on Amazon.
- LIMITLESS POSSIBILITIES: Choose from 16 million colors to instantly change the look and atmosphere of your smart home or control your lights with your Voice. Requiring the Philips Hue Hub (sold separately) for the full Hue experience. Designed to fit 5-6 inch recessed cans.
- SMART VOICE CONTROL: Control your Philips Hue smart lights with your voice using Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or Samsung SmartThings system.
- EASY INSTALLATION: To install, simply screw the smart bulbs into your desired light location, download the Hue mobile app and pair your Hue Hub. Control smart-bulb-equipped lamps and overhead lights via the Philips Hue App.
- EXPAND YOUR SMART HOME: Easily expand your smart lighting system with alexa, google home, and apple homekit-compatible accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor.
Best for Mood Lighting: GE Lightning LED+ Color Changing Indoor Flood Light Bulb
If you’re looking for a light that fits your varying moods and requirements perfectly, you’ve found it.
The GE LED+ Color Changing Indoor Flood Light Bulb solves all your lighting needs.
With its unique selling point being its ability to change colors, it should be no surprise that this bulb has eight colors and five different light modes.
Be it a calming low-intensity yellow light or a bright romantic pink, this Bluetooth-enabled remote-controlled bulb can do it all with the push of a button.
Not only that, but these 8.5-watt energy-efficient lights are also dimmable, have a maximum luminosity of 650 lumens, and are compatible with both android and iOS.
These bulbs boast an average rating of 4.7 out of 5, calculated for 3,309 customer ratings. Their most impressive feature is their energy efficiency.
● Multiple color options
● Controllable by Bluetooth or remote
● Dimming mode doesn’t go low enough.
- Upgrade your home with LED light bulbs: There are 18 different color options and 5 different light modes with remote control convenience. The LED+ color changing light bulb is the perfect way to update your lighting system.
- Easy install LED light bulb: color changing light bulbs that are not only fun but easy to install. The LED+ light bulbs can be installed without the need of additional time, equipment, or hassle.
- Energy efficient LED light bulb: color changing light bulbs that are not only fun but efficient. This br30 replacement for the 65 watt light bulb was designed to use only 8.5 watts, extending the life of your LED lights and reducing your energy costs.
- A color changing light bulb: set the ideal scene for any mood or task. The color changing LED light bulb provides 2 white temperature colors in soft white and daylight in addition to 8 RGB vivid color settings.
- Synchronize your room with remote control light bulbs: control as many different LED+ color changing bulbs as you would like! Use the remote to control your LED bulbs, as long as they are within 20 ft.
Most Budget-Friendly: GE LED BR30 Indoor Floodlight Bulb
This one is for you if you want a good product but are on a strict budget.
The GE LED BR30 Indoor Floodlight Bulb is an excellent low-budget alternative with great specifications.
Not only does this 10-watt soft white bulb pack 800 lumens of maximum luminous flux, but it is also highly energy-efficient, has a low running cost, and is dimmable.
With an impressive average rating of 4.6 out of 5 based on the reviews of 1,662 buyers, this product proves that only some good-quality items come with a high price tag.
● The bulbs fade in and out of brightness when dimmed to the lowest setting.
- 65 Watt replacement using only 10 Watts (700 lumens)
- Rated to last 13 years based on 3 hours per day use
- Saves 90 dollars on energy costs per bulb vs. 65-Watt incandescent over the bulb's life
- Dimmable and works with most dimmer switches
Best Aesthetics: Philips SlimStyle BR30 LED Dimmable Bulb
If you’re keen on aesthetics, this is the bulb for you. The Philips SlimStyle 9.5W BR30 LED Dimmable Bulb is a beauty in itself.
With its slightly concave bulb surface, sleek base,and elegant E26 Medium Screw, this bulb is a class apart in terms of visual appeal.
Besides this, the dimmable 9.5-watt bulb also has a long lifespan and a maximum luminous intensity of 650 lumens.
Additionally, it has an average rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on the experience of 137 customers.
Its most appealing quality is the value it provides for the amount of money spent.
● Stylish and elegant
● Long lifespan
● Some customers report that the bulbs flicker or dim after prolonged use.
- Philips SlimStyle 9.5W BR30 LED 2700K Dimmable Bulb - 65w equivalent
- 9.5W BR30 LED, Base: E26 Medium Screw
- Wattage: 9.5W, Luminous Flux (LM): 650 Incandescent Equivalent: 65
- Color Temperature (K): 2700K Light Color: Soft White
- Rated Life (Hours): 25000
Best Portable Flood Light: GE Lightning LED+ Battery Backup Flood Light Bulb
If you live in an area that experiences a lot of power cuts and are looking for a portable bulb that you can use in such cases, the GE LED+ Battery Backup Flood Light Bulb is the right choice for you.
These self-charging 65-watt flood lights come with a maximum light intensity of 650 lumens, which is dimmable as per requirement.
A full charge should comfortably last you five hours at 120 lumens.
These bulbs come in a pack of three on Amazon. They have a 4.6 out of 5 average rating, calculated based on the reviews of 1,264 customers.
The most prominent feature is the ease of installation.
● Easy to install
● Some customers report that the bulb doesn’t go off even after turning off the light switch.
- Never worry when the power goes out with battery light bulbs: these self-charging emergency light bulbs allow you to keep a light on even when the power is off and can function similarly to a flashlight in emergency situations.
- Portable and rechargeable light bulbs: similar to the ebulb emergency light bulbs, GE will automatically recharge when the electricity is on, providing reliable light in any situation.
- Replaces your 65 watt light bulbs: get the efficiency of low wattage in emergency light bulbs for power outages. These battery powered light bulbs are the easiest way to cut costs without sacrificing brightness or reliability.
- LED light bulbs that stay on even when the power is off: keep your lights on whenever you need them with the GE rechargeable light bulbs. These backup battery light bulbs will provide up to 5 hours of light at 120 lumens when fully charged.
- Don't lose out on brightness: These BR30 LED rechargeable light bulbs will perfectly replace your traditional 65 watt LED light bulbs as they use low energy each day, even when charging for backup functionality.
Best Non-Dimmer Option: Philips LED BR30 SceneSwitch Color Change Light Bulb
Dimmable bulbs are typically more expensive.
However, if you don’t have dimmer switches and aren’t looking for a dimmable bulb, the Philips LED BR30 SceneSwitch Color Change Light Bulb might suit you just fine.
As far as the features go, this 8-watt bulb is highly energy-efficient, has a five-year warranty, has a maximum luminosity of 800 lumens, and can change the light’s warmth using a switch.
That’s right: this product has a three-lever switch system that can change its light from daylight to soft white to warm glow with a couple of flicks, which is ideal for people who don’t have dimmers installed but also don’t want their eyes to be exposed to harsh daylight lighting at all times.
These lamps have an average rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on 1,404 customer ratings, with energy efficiency being its most prominent feature.
● Multiple lighting options
● Not dimmable.
- Change the light temperature from warm to cool with a flick of the switch--Philips SceneSwitch 3-Setting LEDs switch from cool 800-lumen daylight to 800-lumen soft white light to an 80-lumen warm glow from any standard switch. Energy Star Certified.
- These plug and play bulbs work with your existing light switch on a lamp or on the wall. With auto-memory, SceneSwitch bulbs retain your favorite light setting when the switch is turned off for more than 6 seconds. Great for covered porches, bathrooms, saunas, or enclosed patios.
- Best-in-class Philips LEDs provide energy-efficient flicker-free, natural lighting at 1/4 of the energy of incandescents, 1/2 the energy of halogens and with 10X and 4X the lifespan respectively. Philips LEDs are mercury-free so they don't contribute to harmful hazardous waste.
- SceneSwitch BR30 flood light bulbs are perfect for use in fixtures that don't have dimmer switches where you still want flexible lighting. The BR30 bulb fits 5-inch recessed can light fixtures. SceneSwitch bulbs are not compatible with dimmers or Philips HUE products.
- Philips SceneSwitch LEDs come with a 5-year warranty and an expected lifespan of 15,000 hours saving you the cost and hassle of frequent bulb replacement. At 9.5/8/3 watts of energy consumption, bulbs will save $94.05 over the life of the bulb (based on 3 hours/day, 11 cent/kWh, depending on rates and use).
If you’re looking for BR30 light fixtures, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. They include wattage, luminous flux, energy efficiency, and average lifespan.
You’ll also want to look out for a product with a manufacturer’s warranty, which most of the bulbs on this list offer.
Each bulb reviewed in this article has a unique selling point that can appeal to any customer. So whether you’re looking for something dimmable, budget-friendly, automated, or even just something with special aesthetics, there’s something for everyone.