Missouri is a fantastic place to live and has something for everyone—rural areas, cities, culture, great food, sports, and so much more! It also has plenty of beautiful lakes and waterways where you can go swimming, boating, fishing, or just enjoy the spectacular views.
For the outdoors enthusiasts or conservationists out there who are looking for a new house in this beautiful state, a sustainable green home would be a very suitable choice.
Fortunately, there are many renowned green home builders in Missouri. We’ve researched the best of the best and compiled a list of the top options to make the process of finding your dream green home much more manageable.
Table of Contents
The Top Green Home Builders in Missouri
Several green builders in Missouri stand out above the rest, including:
- Kevin Green Homes
- Greenovate Construction
- Travis Miller Homes
- Stockell Custom Homes
- Owen Homes
- Hibbs Homes
- Built by Brett, Inc.
- Benchmark Custom Home Builders
- R.E.A. Homes
- Summit Homes
- Jeffrey Homes
So, without further ado, let’s get into the details of what each of these green builders has to offer.
Kevin Green Homes
Kevin Green Homes offers a suite of benefits such as real-time home progress reports, predetermined pricing, and green building for every home. The company only uses experienced craftsmen with proven abilities to meet the Kevin Green standard of excellence.
Kevin Green Homes is a custom home builder that genuinely understands what true quality is and how it can make your home a better place to live.
You can find several floorplans on its website to cater to the square footage and style you desire.
Located in Kansas City, Greenovate Construction combines the experience of multiple green construction leaders and solutions from across the globe to bring sustainable construction projects that are unique and beautiful at record prices.
Greenovate’s team chooses products that share a balance between practicality and functionality, upfront investment, and long-term savings so that you can get a quick return on your investment.
The company also leverages designs and technology that are revolutionizing the way of living and helping you live calmly, safely, and healthily.
It also uses thermal walls to offer considerable savings to end consumers. According to Greenovate’s estimates, these thermal walls will allow consumers to save at least 30% on their energy bill every month.
Travis Miller Homes
Travis Miller Homes has over two decades of success in the home building industry. The company specializes in building beautiful green homes that benefit you and the environment.
Travis Miller Homes has a Certified Green Professional (C.G.P.) designation from the National Association of Home Builders. This distinction means it is educated on constructing homes that save you money and minimize your environmental impact.
Some of the features of its green homes include:
- Energy Star-rated appliances and lighting using LED technology
- High-efficiency air and heating systems including energy recovery ventilation systems and geothermal, radiant floor heating
- Utilizing recycled materials for constructing home building such as flooring, wood beams, etc.
- Plumbing technologies that conserve water consumption, such as low flow fixtures and toilets
- Installing solar panels to minimize dependency on local utilities and lowering the overall energy consumption of a house
Stockell Custom Homes
Stockell Custom Homes is another great green home builder in Missouri. The company aims to build the best and most practical and sustainable homes for its customers and the environment.
Stockell Custom Homes has several certifications, making it a top choice for people who want to live in a sustainable and green home. Some of these certifications include:
- LEED Accredited Professional, granted by the US Green Building Council
- Certified Green Professional, granted by the National Association of Home Builders
- Lead-Based Painting Accredited Professional, granted by the US Environmental Protection Agency
- ICC 700 National Green Building Standard, granted by American National Standards
- Energy Star New Home Partner, granted by the US Environmental Protection Agency
Owen Homes is a design and build firm that specializes in customized new construction, exterior projects, and remodel projects in the greater Kansas City area.
Its team is committed to offering an exceptional construction experience by providing partnership in design and excellence in craftsmanship during each step of its highly-customized, high-quality projects.
Owen Homes uses new building practices and installation techniques to embrace the rising need for energy-efficient and sustainable homes.
The company also has experience building homes that attain LEED for Homes certification and Energy Star-certified new homes that ensure its high-performance green homes are resource and energy-efficient.
Hibbs Homes is a green home builder in Missouri committed to offering its clients unique, better-built custom houses. Its team is composed of some of the most well-respected design-build professionals in the St. Louis region.
The company offers its clients the most energy-efficient and comfortable homes available today. In fact, they are the only ComfortBuilt-certified home builder in St. Louis.
Some standard features of Hibbs ComfortBuilt Home include:
- PINK® Insulation – All Hibbs Homes are wrapped in a blanket of PINK® Insulation, which has excellent thermal and acoustic properties for a more comfortable and quieter home.
- FOAMULAR Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) rigid foam insulation – This superior insulation provides a continuous layer of insulation that’s more durable. In addition, it offers top-notch moisture management properties to create a more energy-efficient, comfortable house for many years down the line.
- Managed ventilation – A tightly sealed thermal envelope controls the air exchange outside your home, promoting adequate ventilation and necessary fresh air exchange without introducing moisture, allergens, and other contaminants.
- Energy-efficiency appliances, windows, and doors – Hibbs Homes recommends using low emissivity doors and windows and Energy Star-rated appliances.
- Solar orientation – The company places doors and windows to allow in natural light while preventing solar heating. Such design designs impact how your house performs over time and are a vital part of Hibbs Homes’s approach to green homebuilding.
Built by Brett, Inc.
Built by Brett, Inc. has built custom homes in several cities of different states, including Arkansas, South Dakota, Tennessee, and many more. Thus, the company’s family team can construct your dream custom home in southwest Missouri, among other regions.
The company’s President, Brett Godfrey, attained his Certified Green Professional (C.G.P.) credentials from the National Association of Home Builders in 2008.
Here are some ways in which Built By Brett can make your home green:
- Daylight Solutions – The company reduces energy requirements by using Sun Tunnels and Velux Skylights.
- Engineered Roof Trusses – Uses less lumber and reduces lumber waste.
- Insulated Door and Window Headers – Minimizes heat loss developing a thermal break.
- Green Cabinetry – Its green-certified cabinetry results in reduced VOC emissions and minimal environmental impact.
- Engineered Floor Systems – Minimizes houses impact on forests by using composite engineered I-joists.
Benchmark Custom Home Builders
Benchmark Custom Home Builders is a green home builder in Missouri with a history of almost three decades in building new homes in harmony with established and sought-after neighborhoods all over St. Louis.
It has the most exemplary reputation for offering fantastic houses with superior customer service, using creative designs and quality materials that transcend time.
The company believes that making homes ‘green’ is a great way to increase the value and quality of your house. Some of the features of its homes include:
- 93%-efficient direct vent furnace
- Energy Star appliances
- Energy Star metal reflective asphalt shingles
- Green Guardian insulation throughout with R40 in ceiling
- Innovative wastewater technology and rainwater collection systems
- Insulated garage doors
- Occupancy and smart house sensors for lighting & HVAC
- Pre-manufactured T.J.I. floor joists
- Tankless hot water heaters
- Thermatron Radiant Barrier roof sheathing
- Water-Efficient Plumbing Fixtures, including power assist and dual flush toilets
- Wind energy systems
R.E.A. Homes LLC
R.E.A. Homes has built some of St. Louis’ finest custom luxury and green homes.
Its High-Performance Luxury Homes℠ includes smart technology, modern design, and green building features to create an environment for you and your family that offers both top-notch luxury and superior efficiency.
Some of the features of the company’s homes include:
- Smart technology – Its houses entail home theater and solar energy components and security and home automation features that will make your house more energy-efficient and enjoyable.
- Green components – R.E.A. Homes bring together the features of an eco-friendly structure while maintaining the design and function of a custom-built house.
Summit Homes prioritize health at the forefront of the building processes and takes extra steps to create a healthy and sustainable home.
Its green homes typically have the following features:
- Low-VOC paint
- Green Edge Carpet made from sustainable materials
- Eco-friendly adhesives
Jeffrey Homes LLC
With over 25 years of experience as a homebuilder, Jeffrey from Jeffrey Homes has acquired valuable experience in each custom home his company has built. He will make your dream home come to life through his knowledge and guidance.
Jeffrey Homes has also earned a Certified Green Professional designation from the National Association of Home Builders.
This certification means the industry officially recognizes the company as a contractor incorporating sustainable and green building principles into houses without increasing construction costs.
As a green home builder, the company will design and construct a structure incorporating features like geothermal heat pumps, high-performance windows, effective insulation, and more.
Last Few Words
These are some of the most excellent sustainable and green home builders in Missouri that you can work with. The best part is that many of them offer customization options so you can bring your dream of owning and residing in a green home to life!
Also, be sure to check out our lists of the best modular builders in Missouri and top green builders in Illinois, as many of the companies featured offer homes that can be classified as green and sustainable, and may service your area of Missouri.