For healthy living, homeowners should maintain their indoor relative humidity between 30-40%. However, the moisture inside may sometimes exceed the recommended threshold, exposing your family to health risks like itching, runny nose, and sneezing.
In such situations, you need a dehumidifier to maintain your home’s humidity and keep the family healthy.
This article will discuss the ten most popular dehumidifiers on the market today. We’ll elaborate on their features, pros, and cons to help you choose the best.
We do have some affiliate links below. They don’t change the price or anything, but we do earn a small commission, which helps support the team here so we can keep creating content like this.
So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- Best Overall: AIRGJOB 70-Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
- Most Powerful: Frigidaire 50 Pint Dehumidifier
- Best for Smaller Spaces: Hisense 50-Pint 2-Speed Dehumidifier
- Most Affordable: Humilabs Dehumidifier
- Best for Extra Large Rooms: Toshiba 50-Pint 115-Volts
- Best WiFi-Enabled: Midea Cube 35-Pint 2-Speed
- Best Smart Humidity Control: SEAVON Dehumidifier
- Superior Performance: AIRPLUS Dehumidifier
- Best Variable Settings: Crane Dehumidifier
- Best for Basement and Wet Surfaces: Aprilaire E100 Pro
- Final Thoughts
Best Overall: AIRGJOB 70-Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
The AIRGJOB 70-Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier is your go-to option if you have larger rooms. This dehumidifier can dehumidify areas of up to 4,500 square feet (418.06 sq m). Such an area would take a long time to dehumidify with a smaller unit.
The AIRGJOB 70-Pint also features an intelligent continuous dehumidification feature. This model has a smart continuous mode that automatically senses humidity indoors and dehumidifies it accordingly.
As a result, you’ll never have to worry about your home’s relative humidity exceeding the recommended threshold to expose your family to mold and foul odors.
- It’s high-powered – the unit features a turbo setting kick that powers the fan. As a result, the fan can get to 188CFM quickly to absorb more moisture while using minimal energy. Thus, you can rest assured that the device will restore the humidity to the recommended level within minutes of getting into your house.
- Energy efficiency – as the name suggests, this unit is Energy Star-certified, meaning it uses less power to remove up to 70 pints (33.12 liters) of moisture from the air daily. It also features an Eco-friendly refrigerant that doesn’t deplete the ozone layer while in use.
- Smart humidistat control – the humidistat feature on this model is interactive, telling you the current humidity in your room and allowing you to set the desired level.
- Portability – this dehumidifier is designed for the entire house. It has 360-degree easy-rolling wheels that make moving it from one room to the next easier.
- Heavy when filled – the device can hold up to two gallons (7.57 liters) of water when full, which can be pretty heavy to move around.
- The tank may leak – there have been reports of the unit’s water tank leaking when moved around. However, you can eliminate this issue through regular maintenance and proper care.
- Inefficient for smaller rooms – the unit may extract too much humidity below the required threshold when used in smaller spaces.
- 【For Space Up To 4,500 Sq. Ft.】: AIRGJOB dehumidifier is able to collect 70 pint(Under 80℉, 60%RH Condition) (50 Pint 2019 DOE Standard-Under 65℉, 60%RH Condition) of moisture per day and adjust humidity from 35% to 80%, perfect for use in basements, home, office, bathrooms, attics, garages, crawlspace or any large rooms up to 4,500 Sq. Ft. This ideal dehumidifier makes it easy to maintain a healthy 45%-55% humidity range.
- 【Designed for Durability&Convenience】: What set AIRGJOB dehumidifier apart is intelligent continuous dehumidification feature that automatically stop for 8 minutes every 8 hours, which ensure durability for long-lasting usage compared with ordinary dehumidifier. With drain hose, continuous drainage can be achieved for further convenience. Just once setting, several months hassel-free, no hours limited. Suitable for constantly damp spaces where continuous dehumidification is required.
- 【Smart Temp&Humidity Sensor】: Ultra-sensitive temperature&humidity dual sensor monitor the environment real-time. Any abnormal will be convey to the smart control system within 1 second. Auto-defrost: effectively reduces the damage to the machine caused by the ice of the collected water. Intelligent humidity regulation: Set your desired humidity for maximum comfort, the dehumidifier will run intelligently.
- 【2 Gallon Customized Water Tank】: The efficient dehumidifier comes with 2 gallon/8L large water tank, saving you the trouble of frequent pouring. When the water tank is full, sensitive water float against switch and the dehumidifier will automatically shut off without water overflowing. The built-in "Bucket Full" indicator will light up to remind. Water float design, largely prevent the unit from spilling compared with other simple device, ensuring its great performance for longer service.
- 【Powerful Yet Quiet Dehumidifier】: This energy star dehumidifier owns a turbo setting kicks up the fan speed from 151CFM to 168CFM, and further to high 188CFM, quickly and effectively absorb moisture maximum with minimal energy consumption, providing you a healthy and comfortable environment. Meantime, 53dB peak sound can hardly notice, ensuring no disruptions during conversation.
Most Powerful: Frigidaire 50 Pint Dehumidifier
Some parts of your home, like attics and basements, need extra-powerful dehumidifiers. Such areas are prone to excessive moisture, leading to health risks like runny nose and itchy eyes. The Frigidaire 50 Pint Dehumidifier is designed for use in such areas.
This unit is powered by an inbuilt pump that circulates air to remove up to 50 pints (23.66 liters) of moisture.
The unit’s continuous drain capability is ideal for the basement and attics since you don’t have to worry about emptying it constantly. If you don’t activate the continuous drain feature, the automatic shut-off feature shuts off the unit automatically when the bucket is filled to prevent water spillage.
- Provides air cleaning – apart from dehumidifying, this unit has a washable filter that captures dust from the air.
- Custom humidity control – the unit is customizable to meet your home’s humidity needs. You can set when you want it to operate and when it should stop.
- Time-saving – the inbuilt pump facilitates water draining, making your work easier.
- Cost – although effective, this is one of the most costly dehumidifiers and may not be your go-to option if you’re on a budget.
- High noise level – the inbuilt pump produces noise that can irritate.
Best for Smaller Spaces: Hisense 50-Pint 2-Speed Dehumidifier
Having a smaller room with less space should not be a deterrent to owning a dehumidifier. The Hisense 50-Pint 2-Speed Dehumidifier is designed for smaller spaces and can be placed on the floor or mounted on the wall.
This unit is Energy Star-certified and can remove up to 50 pints (23.66 liters) of moisture from the air. It also has low noise airflow, making it ideal for smaller rooms as the noise won’t be a nuisance.
- Compact size – the petiteness of this unit makes it ideal for smaller rooms.
- Quiet operation – this model produces a maximum of 48 DB noise, making it ideal for indoor use.
- Easy to use – it has an inbuilt pump with an easy-to-connect drain hose to dissipate the collected water efficiently.
- Cost – it’s one of the most costly dehumidifiers on the market.
- Limited warranty – the Hisense 50-Pint has a warranty of just two years, after which the company will not compensate for or repair any damages.
Most Affordable: Humilabs Dehumidifier
The Humilabs Dehumidifier is your go-to option if you’re on a tight budget and want to save some bucks. However, the fact that this dehumidifier is cheaper doesn’t mean it’s less effective.
This unit is designed for small-sized rooms and can remove up to 22 pints (10.41 liters) of moisture from the air daily. The device also has an automatic shut-off feature that prevents water spillage when the bucket is full.
- Price – this model is affordable and won’t put a dent in your pocket.
- Quiet operation – the device produces very little noise, making it ideal for indoor use.
- Portability – the unit features 360-degree rotatable wheels that are easy to move.
- The tank is small – the Humilabs Dehumidifier has a small water tank that needs to be emptied frequently.
- It’s not suitable for large rooms – the device is not powerful enough for use in large rooms—it has a capacity of up to 1,500 square feet (139.35 square meters).
- 1,500 sq ft Dehumidifier: Removing up to 22 pints of water per day (22 pints under 90°F, 90% RH condition) and adjust humidity from 30% to 80%. It is the best dehumidifiers for home, basement, office, living room, bedroom, garage, laundry room, cellar, etc., fits any medium or larger room up to 1800 sq. ft.
- Unique Design for The Modern Home: The dehumidifiers With 360° rotatable wheels and ergonomically lift up handles, This HUMILABS dehumidifier is easier to move than larger dehumidifiers, you can move around this dehumidifier easily without scratching the floor. A quiet fan that won't disturb you when you sleep or at work, adjustable fan speeds for multiple choices. 24-hour Timer Setting for preset operation and reduced energy consumption
- Auto&Manual Two Drainage: Manual Drainage: The water tank is 0.528 gallon when it reaches maximum capacity, the "Full "indicator will light up as well as an alarm will beep for 20 seconds the dehumidifier will stop working automatically. Auto Drainage: This basement dehumidifier is equipped with a 3.3ft You can directly attach to the drainpipe hole on the left side of the dehumidifier to achieve continuous drainage. No worry about the risk of the water overflowing.
- Laundry Dry & Ultra-Quiet Night Mode：Specially designed laundry dry mode is perfect on wet weathers or seasons, it removes the excessive moisture of your clothes and keeps them dry & clean. Two different fan speeds can meet different needs.The 36dB low-noise design keeps you away from disturbing noises while sleeping or studying. The auto defrost function prevents the collected water from being frozen and doing harm to the machine.
- Designed For Modern Homes: This small dehumidifier with digital display can provide convenient and accurate humidity readings. Unlike most dehumidifiers that are clunky, With 360° rotatable wheels, you can move around this dehumidifier easily. it has a 3 different color lights (Blue, Green and Red) that can directly display the environmental humidity.
Best for Extra Large Rooms: Toshiba 50-Pint 115-Volts
Oversized rooms require extra-powerful dehumidifiers to get the job done. The Toshiba 50-Pint 115-Volts is one of the most potent dehumidifiers on the market and is designed for use in large rooms.
This unit can remove up to 50 pints (23.66 liters) of moisture from the air daily and has a capacity of up to 4,500 square feet (418.06 square meters).
Apart from being Energy Star-certified, this model features an automatic operation mode that turns it on when humidity levels are high and shuts it off when they’re low.
- It’s powerful – this unit is designed for use in large rooms and can remove up to 50 pints (23.66 liters) of moisture from the air daily.
- Time-saving – the automatic operation mode has a 3.3 feet (1 meter) hose that drains the water when it reaches a certain level to prevent slippage.
- Effective for larger rooms – with a capacity of 4,500 square feet (418.06 square meters), this dehumidifier is effective for extra-large rooms.
- It’s expensive – the unit is one of the most costly on the market.
- May not be effective for smaller rooms – this model is powerful and may not be effective for smaller spaces.
- Noise level – as a powerful unit, the device may generate some noise that can be irritating after prolonged exposure.
Best WiFi-Enabled: Midea Cube 35-Pint 2-Speed
If you enjoy using smart appliances controlled remotely, then the Midea Cube 35-Pint 2-Speed dehumidifier is for you. This unit can connect to your home WiFi and be controlled using the Midea Air app on your phone.
The unit has a capacity of up to 35 pints (16.56 liters) per day and can cover an area of 3,500 square feet (325.16 square meters). It also features a large storage water tank that eliminates the hassle of regular emptying.
- Smartphone compatible – this is an intelligent dehumidifier compatible with smartphones. Thus, you can use the Midea Air app to control the unit from the comfort of your couch.
- Unparalleled flexibility – the unit features a lift-and-twist design that allows you to move it around effortlessly.
- Large water tank – the Midea Cube has a tank three times larger than regular dehumidifiers to store more water.
- Lacks a pump – the unit doesn’t have a built-in pump and will require manual emptying when the bucket is full.
- Less powerful – the unit can only remove up to 35 pints (16.56 liters) of moisture from the air daily. Thus, it may not be your go-to option if you live in an area whose temperature is below the dew point.
Best Smart Humidity Control: SEAVON Dehumidifier
Intelligent dehumidification entails automatically adjusting the unit’s speed to maintain a certain degree of humidity in the room. The SEAVON Dehumidifier features a smart humidity control system that does just that.
This dehumidifier has an intelligent screen with a touch panel that allows you to set the desired humidity level. The unit will then adjust its speed automatically to reach and maintain that level.
This model is suitable for medium to large rooms due to its capacity of 2,000 square feet (185.81 square meters).
- User-friendliness – the screen’s touch panel works like a smartphone, making it easier and more comfortable to control.
- Easier visualization – the screen makes monitoring and visualizing your room’s humidity easier—it’s just like using your smartphone.
- Automatic draining feature – you don’t always have to monitor the dehumidifier as the automatic draining feature drains the water when the tank is filled. You only need to connect a drain hose.
- Potential difficult operation – its intelligent function can be challenging for some people. Thus, it might have a steep learning curve.
- Small dehumidification capacity – this dehumidifier can dehumidify up to 30 pints of moisture (14.2 liters) per day.
- ✔️High-Efficiency Dehumidifier: Large dehumidifier for space up to 2000 Sq.Ft removes the daily moisture 30 Pint(under 95°F, 90% RH). Best for the home basement, bedroom, garage, laundry room, etc. Fits any medium or large room and can handle it all improves air quality, and promotes a comfortable environment by keeping your place in the ideal 45%-55% humidity.
- ✔️Intelligent Control& Visualized Humidity: The dehumidifier is equipped with an intelligent screen and touch panel. Compared to most traditional dehumidifiers, easier to operate. And control the humidity (30%-80%RH in 5% increments), setting the ideal. When it reaches its designated humidity, it will automatically stop working.
- ✔️Energy Saving and Low power Function: Our dehumidifiers adopt ultra-quiet technology compared with others, protecting you from annoying disturbances. you can preset the timing for changing delay-off or delay on by a 1-hour increment up to 12 hours, reducing energy consumption. Three dehumidification modes: Normal dehumidification; Continuous dehumidification; Drying Clothes; And 2 fan speeds that meet your dehumidification demand better.
- ✔️Auto&Manual Two Drainage: Manual Drainage (double full water protection): The water tank is 2.5L/0.66 gallons when it reaches maximum capacity, the "Full "indicator will light up as well as an alarm will beep for 15 seconds to remind you to empty the water tank, the dehumidifier will stop working automatically. Auto Drainage: You can directly attach to the drainpipe hole on the left side of the dehumidifier to achieve continuous drainage. No worry about the water overflowing.
- ✔️Portable Design for the Modern Home: Compared to bulky and power-hungry old dehumidifiers, our dehumidifier is more in line with the needs of modern consumers: sleek and modern look, you can also move it easily without any effort. 3 different color lights (Blue, Green, and Red) show you the environmental humidity directly. Remember that the color will automatically change according to the environmental humidity.
Superior Performance: AIRPLUS Dehumidifier
A dehumidifier’s performance is of utmost importance. You want a dehumidifier that effectively maintains indoor humidity without consuming too much power. The AIRPLUS Dehumidifier has superior performance and is suitable for basements, bathrooms, and colder areas.
With the ability to remove 70 pints (33.12 liters) of moisture from the air, this dehumidifier is one of the most powerful on the market. In addition, it can cover an area of up to 4,500 square feet (418.06 meters), making it an excellent option for large rooms and spaces.
It also has an intelligent control panel with buttons for easy use. In addition, you can switch to the drying mode if you want stronger dehumidification.
- Easy to use – the unit features an intelligent control panel with informative buttons that make it easy to use.
- High dehumidification capacity – you can switch to the more robust mode if you want to remove more moisture from the air.
- Ultra quiet operation – this model attains a maximum noise level of 48 DB, making it suitable for indoor use.
- Cost – the unit may not be an option if you’re on a tight budget since it’s costly.
- Requires manual emptying – it doesn’t have an inbuilt pump to dissipate water. Therefore, you need to empty the tank manually.
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE: AIRPLUS safe dehumidifier removes 70 pints (2012 DOE Standard, 80°F, RH60%) of moisture per day from large rooms covering up to 4,500 sq. ft. If you want a large dehumidifier for bathroom, bedroom, living room, basement, kitchen, etc., AIRPLUS dehumidifier with 70-pint capacity is definitely a great choice.(Please note: 80°F, RH60% condition, the max dehumidification capacity up to 70 pints)
- NTELLIGENT CONTROL PANEL: The control panel of AIRPLUS bathroom dehumidifier features a simple design with informative buttons, including DRYING for stronger dehumidification, HUMIDITY for customized settings, TIMER for auto-start and auto-stop, and IONIZER for purifying the air in your room. A more intelligent panel is designed for easier operation.
- ULTRA-QUIET OPERATION: AIRPLUS dehumidifier is not only a household dehumidifier for bathroom but also an ideal dehumidifier for bedroom. With the high-efficiency compressor and fan, this dehumidifier operates with a noise lower than 48dB, making sure you will not be disturbed during rest or sleep while ensuring productive results.
- AUTO SHUT-OFF DESIGN: AIRPLUS whole house dehumidifier will automatically shut off when the water tank is full with the beeping alarm and solid red light of FULL indicator. The self-protection design prevents this garage dehumidifier from leaking and damaging, ensuring its great performance for longer service.
- EASY DRAINAGE: The water tank of AIRPLUS dehumidifier for home can be taken out for drainage when it gets full. The alternative method is to use the attached drain hose for continuous drainage, which can save more time and energy from frequent emptying. Simply connect the continuous-drainage hole to the floor drain or a collecting vessel with the hose.
Best Variable Settings: Crane Dehumidifier
Your home may have rooms of varying sizes. In this case, you may need to buy several dehumidifiers that meet each room’s capacity. However, due to its variable settings, the Crane Dehumidifier eliminates the need to purchase several units.
The Crane Dehumidifier has two settings, making it ideal for small to medium rooms. The device can cover an area of up to 300 square feet (27.87 meters) and remove four pints (1.9 liters) of moisture from the air daily.
- Versatility– the two settings feature makes this dehumidifier highly versatile for use in small to medium rooms efficiently.
- Highly portable – this unit is lightweight and has a small design, making it easy to carry around.
- Automatic operation – it can shut off automatically when the tank is filled up to avoid water run-off.
- Less powerful – it can only remove up to four pints (1.9 liters) of moisture from the air daily.
- Small tank – the dehumidifier has a four-pint (1.9-liter) storage tank, which is smaller than the average.
Best for Basement and Wet Surfaces: Aprilaire E100 Pro
The Aprilaire E100 Pro can cover an area of up to 5,500 square feet (510.97 square meters) and remove up to 100 pints (47.32 liters) of moisture from the air daily. This dehumidifier is also efficient for commercial purposes due to its large capacity.
This is your go-to dehumidifier if you want a powerful option for wet surfaces like:
- Crawl spaces
- Wet laundry rooms
- Intelligent technology – this is a set-it-and-forget-it model, as its smart sensing technology detects when the humidity is too high and starts operation automatically.
- No water tank – it empties the water through a drain hose.
- Durability – the unit is made with durable and corrosion-resistant aluminum coils.
- Cost – due to its efficiency and large capacity, this is the most expensive option on this list.
- It’s heavy – the unit weighs 64 pounds (29.03kg), making it challenging to move around.
- PROTECT YOUR HOUSE - Reduces & controls basement & whole home humidity to help prevent damp carpeting and furnishings, mold, mildew, and odors, and mold, termites, structural wood rot, and odors in a sealed crawl space
- SET AND FORGET - Smart sensing technology automatically starts dehumidification when humidity above target is sensed
- ENERGY EFFICIENT - Energy Star Most Efficient Certified Dehumidifier removes up to 100 PPD of moisture using less energy, reducing the impact on your energy bill and the environment
- NO MESSY WATER TRAY TO EMPTY and simple to set up - just place a hose or place dehumidifier over a floor drain
- BUILT TO LAST with corrosion-resistant aluminum coils, AprilAire Dehumidifiers are designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. by AprilAire, the leader in indoor air quality solutions
Dehumidifiers ensure that our homes’ relative indoor humidity is maintained at the recommended levels to prevent molds and water damage. However, not all dehumidifiers are the same in terms of efficiency, price, energy efficiency, and capacity.
After considering these factors, the 70-Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier emerged as the best value option.