Drying clothes in a tumble dryer is great until they start wrinkling and creasing, especially if you use dryer sheets. The solution? Dryer balls. They have many advantages, such as being chemical-free, practical, biodegradable, affordable, and recyclable.
As you know, it helps to buy tried and tested products, as the last thing you want is low-end dryer balls that threaten the quality of your beloved clothes.
This article also contains some affiliate links, which help support the team and the blog here. There’s no price change to you, we just get a small credit from the retailer if you choose to use the links.
So, what are some of the top-quality and affordable dryer balls in 2023? We’ve gathered up 10 options, so let’s explore!
The Best (And Most Affordable) Dryer Balls for 2024
1. Best Overall Dryer Ball- Friendsheep Organic Eco Wool Dryer Balls
● Diameter- 3 inches
● Pack Size- 6 balls
● Total Loads- 1,000
● Organically made and hypoallergenic
● Minimize the dry time by about a half (40 percent)
● Made in an ethical working environment
We rank the Friendsheep Organic Eco Wool dryer balls as our top choice primarily because they’re soft on clothes. They also don’t have any fragrances, making them ideal for those with allergies to certain aromas.
The wool material is natural, and the manufacturers add no additives.
Every penny you spend on these dryer balls aids the less privileged in meeting their basic needs.
Nepali women hand stitch the individual balls for a wage, education for their kids, and access to healthcare services. So what better way to promote these women than buying top-quality dryer balls?
Dryer Ball Reservations:
● The only thing we don’t find impressive about the balls is that they are quite pricey, especially compared to the alternatives. But, they are not truly expensive considering their immense value and excellent drying experience.
Where to Buy: Friendsheep Organic Eco Wool Dryer Balls
- PERFECT FOR BABIES AND SENSITIVE SKIN. Made of 100% pure New Zealand wool (no cheap fillers!!), organic, chemical free, fragrance free, hypoallergenic. FOR SAVVY MOMS that know that dryer sheets leave behind harmful chemicals that will reduce the absorbency of cloth diapers, reusable bed pads, cloth menstrual pads, and ruin waterproof layers.
- SAVE TIME, MONEY, AND ENERGY! Reusable for 1000+ loads each ball. Leaves your laundry NATURALLY SOFT, reduces wrinkles and static cling, without harming your laundry with synthetic chemicals like PVC or tennis balls. Plus, helps you reduce drying time by 20-40%. NO LINT! Perfect for dark, white, and colored loads.
- HAND MADE IN NEPAL and NOT IN CHINA (like most other brands!). Carefully needle felted by hand in ethical working conditions by women of underprivileged communities. Traditionally hand made and sun dried, no chemicals or tricks to accelerate production. Fair wages and care for the environment. No unfair, forced, or child labor, ever!
- THE PERFECT ECO-CONSCIOUS ALL OCCASION GIFT. Beautifully packaged. For a unique and fun laundry, baby showers, bridal showers, housewarming, mother’s day, for your best friends, or a college kid about to start his own laundry. Comes in a beautiful and handy BONUS organic cotton gift bag, with an instruction manual full of eco-conscious tips.
- CHOOSE WISELY! These set will last you for several years so don’t save on quality, get the best! 100% pure New Zealand wool, traditionally hand made in Nepal, organic and fairly traded, then packaged with passion and care by stay at home moms here in the USA. GIVE YOUR SELF AND YOUR LOVED ONES THE GIFT OF FRIENDSHEEP!
2. Best Price Dryer Ball – Wantell Wool Dryer Balls 6-Pack XL
● Diameter- 2.9 inches
● Pack Size- 6 balls
● No chemicals or fragrances
● Contain no allergens and is safe for use on baby clothes
● Best for small-medium loads
You don’t have to break the bank for top-quality dryer balls, as the Wantell wool balls prove.
If you know the adage that cheap is expensive, you’re probably wondering if this deal is worth your clothes.
Well, calm your nerves, as in addition to being dearly priced, the dryer balls also deliver excellent results in drying.
Primarily, they are made from New Zealand wool and feature no chemicals or synthetic additives.
The dryer balls are also super effective- they’ll reduce drying time by about 40 percent, leaving clothes soft and tender.
Dryer Ball Reservations: Our only drawback with these dryer balls is that they could be better for large cloth loads.
Where to Buy: Wantell Wool Dryer Balls
- Pack of 6 XL Wool Dryer Balls Plus One Bag - Pack of 6 XL non-whiten diameter 2.9 inch laundry dryer balls. Plus one convenient bag, nice gift for anyone.
- Organic Wool and Hand Made - 100% New Zealand natural wool hand made wool dryer balls, carefully hand made, chemicals free, no synthetics, won’t harm your skin. WANTELL wool dryer balls, reduce wrinkles and shorten drying time, a better choice than dryer sheets, liquid fabric softeners, and plastic dryer balls.
- Shorten Drying Time Energy and Money & Less Noise - With our WANTELL natural fabric softener, shorten your drying time up to 20-40%. Plus one pack dryer ball weigh 1.41 oz, very light, they will bounce around in your dryer very gently. Less noise than plastic balls and tennis balls.
- Reusable - The wool dryer balls could last 1000+ loads, better than the disposable dryer sheets.
- Good Gift - Pack of 6 XL dryer balls, good gift for Christmas, Thanksgiving, housewarming, baby showers, Mother's day, Father’s day, and bridal showers, and weddings.
3. Best Colored Dryer Balls – S&T INC. Reusable Dryer Balls
● Diameter: 2.5 inches
● Pack Size: 6 balls
● Material: Plastic
● They encourage even drying of clothes
● The balls significantly minimize the electrostatic force in the dryer
● The balls feature spikes, so they eliminate clothes snagging during drying.
Your drying experience doesn’t have to be too dull when you can spice it up with some color using the S&T INC reusable colored balls.
The balls are about 2.5 inches in diameter but have results as good as those of larger-sized dryer balls.
Also, this is the first plastic dryer ball type we’re introducing. We’re not just drawn to its color alone, as the dryer balls guarantee excellent fabric separation during drying.
Like other plastic dryer balls, these have plastic spikes that improve aeration in the drying chamber.
These dryer balls will significantly shorten drying time and minimize power usage.
Dryer Ball Reservations:
● Unlike wool balls, these may produce some noise while rotating.
● The balls are also relatively smaller than the others we’ve covered, meaning you may have to use more.
Where to Buy: S&T INC. Reusable Dryer Balls
- One 6 pack of S&T INC. Reusable Laundry Dryer Balls that are 2.5 inches in diameter
- Add these reusable dryer balls to your laundry supplies; they offer faster drying times by lifting and separating laundry for better airflow
- Toss laundry ball in the dryer with wet clothes in place of dryer sheets or fabric softener
- Tips on each laundry dryer ball help soften your clothes and reduce static
- Easily store in a jar, laundry basket, laundry hamper, or storage bins
4. Best Organic Dryer Ball – OHOCO Wool Dryer Balls 6 Pack XL
● They can last up to 1,000 loads
● Pack size: 6 balls
● The balls have limited static cling
● They come in various colors and varieties depending on your type of clothes.
Is reducing your carbon footprint at the top of your priority list? The organic OHOCO wool dryer balls are the best option for you.
They are gigantic dryer balls measuring about 2.75 inches in diameter, which creates more aeration than the average-sized ones.
Again, like the other dryer balls we’ve covered, these are also from high-quality New Zealand wool.
In addition, the balls are from felted wool, so they significantly have little to no static charge.
So while using them, there’s a minimal chance that they’ll get your clothes charged up (a precursor to clothes tear and wear).
The dryer ball manufacturers primarily offer you two main options- white-colored balls and gray ones. White is best for bright clothes, while gray suits duller colors.
Dryer Ball Reservations: The balls are top quality, but they have some drawbacks that are worth mentioning, such as:
● Some often come with manufacturer defects (although this is a rarity rather than the norm).
● You must use at least three balls for a small to medium clothes load.
Where to Buy: OHOCO Wool Dryer Balls 6 Pack XL
- Make Laundry Easier - These Felted Wool Dryer Balls make changes to how you do laundry to live a healthy and eco-friendly lifestyle. They bounce around in the dryer and make your clothes dry faster and become softer.
- Safe For Sensitive Skin - These Eco Dryer Balls are made from all natural wool of New Zealand sheep. Different with commercial fabric softeners and dryer sheets, these wool dryer balls are chemical-free and odorless. Safe for baby clothes.
- Save Your Time And Money - By decreasing drying time up to 25%, these small dryer balls save time for more important things and save your money on utility bills. They are renewable and last 1,000+ loads.
- Dry In A Natural Way - Use the white balls for light clothes and gray ones for dark clothes. As they tumble, the dryer balls fluff your laundry, reduce wrinkles and pummel the laundry to make it softer and won’t affect the absorbency.
- Reduce Lint Or Static Cling - The wool dryer balls are well felted and create less friction against your laundry fibers, leading to less static and a softer load. 3 to 4 balls for regular loads and 6 or more balls for large loads. Don’t over-drying and get a static-free load.
5. Best Scented Dryer Balls – Nellie’s Scented Wool Dryer Ball
● Naturally-scented ball
● A single ball’s scent can do up to 50 loads
● Color: White
● Material: New Zealand Wool
Infusing some fragrance into your clothes during drying is a jam, and so far, none of the balls we’ve covered grants you that option.
But don’t yet think of adding synthetically scented fabric softeners or dryer sheets with chemicals that can be allergic to you when you wear the clothes.
You can always go right with Nellies Scented Wool Dryer Balls. These perfectly fit the bill for those looking to add a natural scent to their clothes at the drying stage.
What’s more, you can customize the intensity of the scent to your liking by controlling the balls you use per load.
Dryer Ball Reservations: You only get one ball per package.
Where to Buy: Nellie’s Scented Wool Dryer Ball
No products found.
6. Best Storage Option Dryer Balls – East Cobb Products Wool Dryer Balls
● Pack Size: 6 balls
● Top feature: Excellent storage package
● Color: White
The East Cobb Products wool dryer balls reduce your drying time by about 25 to 40 percent.
Also, if you store them well, they will last up to four years. That’s quite a long time compared to single-use dryer sheets!
So the remarkable feature of these top-quality dryer balls is their felt wool container. It allows you to store them efficiently for as long as you want, which means extensive top-tier service at limited power costs.
Dryer Ball Reservations: Well, the dryer balls are near perfect. But, there have been some complaints from the users:
● These balls are not too effective in eliminating clothes wrinkling.
● They are also not optimized enough to minimize static cling significantly.
Nothing is perfect, but again, you can be sure that your dryer balls will give you excellent service if you replace them early, after about a year.
However, don’t wait for four years because as the balls wear out, so will their efficiency!
Where to Buy: East Cobb Products Wool Dryer Balls
- 🐏 No More Dryer Sheets- 6 XL fragrance free wool Dryer Balls(3 inch diameter) are a healthy alternative for Fabric Softeners and dryer sheets. These wool dryer balls are ANTI STATIC and will dramatically reduce STATIC in your laundry.
- 🌎 Eco-Friendly and Organic-These Natural Wool dryer balls(100% New Zealand Wool) being hypoallergenic, reuseable, environmentally friendly, and 100% biodegradable makes wool dryer balls ideal for people with sensitive skin and environmental enthusiasts.
- 💰Save Money- These eco- friendly wool dryer balls save you money on energy by cutting drying time by 20% to 40%. This zero waste product last upwards of 1,000 loads and is reusable unlike any other laundry softening agent in the market which in turn saves you money by not having to purchase one time use softening products.
- 🎁 Perfect Gift- Weddings, baby showers, bridal showers, housewarming gift, Christmas, etc.. Wool dryer balls are a product of uniqueness and purpose that will make anybody happy. Our product is the only product in the market that not only comes with a beautifully designed cotton bag but also is partnered with a stylishly labeled felt container.
- 🥇 Why we are the best- With a felt container provided helps give you quick and easy access to your dryer balls while giving you the capability to see which dryer balls you are using each time so you can give the same amount of use to each ball. This product is shipped and owned in the U.S.A..
7. Best Dryer Ball for Pet Hair – Ecoigy Wool Dryer Balls
● Pack size: 6 balls
● Color: White
● Best for: Removing pet hair from clothes
Your furry pet can sometimes leave deposits of their hair on your clothes, and the last thing you want is to attend work while looking like you slept in the dog’s kennel.
The Ecoigy Wool Dryer Balls have an affordable solution to your seemingly gigantic problem: They’ll remove all that pet hair.
What’s more, the dryer balls are great for:
● Eliminating clothes wrinkles and creases while drying
● Minimizing average drying times
● Softening clothes
These incredible qualities of the dryer balls are not our making. They’re instead collected from Amazon users’ reviews, which revealed that these dryer balls are the best match for animal wool.
Dryer Ball Reservations: These are more linty than the other types we’ve covered above, which can be problematic to users.
Where to Buy: Ecoigy Wool Dryer Balls
- 🐑 STOP BUYING DRYER SHEETS - Set of 6 Original Ecoigy Premium 100% New Zealand Wool Dryer Balls (70mm size). Soften Your Clothes without the Harmful and Toxic Chemicals found in Fabric Softeners and Dryer Sheets.
- 🌎 ALL NATURAL AND ORGANIC: Eco-Friendly., fragrance free and hypoallergenic. Perfect for babies and sensitive skin. Eliminates waste. 100% Biodegradable & Reusable for 1000+ loads. Extends the life of your clothing. One of the best zero waste products.
- SAVE TIME & ENERGY: Speeds up drying time by 20%-40%, saving electricity and dryer wear & tear. Leaves laundry NATURALLY SOFT without dryer sheets or fabric softener. Anti-static properties reduce wrinkles, static cling and lint for all types of clothing.
- 🎁 GIFT BAG INCLUDED. Beautifully packaged in a well-design reusable cotton bag. Unique and fun gift for baby showers, bridal showers, housewarming, mother’s day, your best friend, or college kids about to start their own laundry.
8. Best Dryer Ball Deal on Amazon: Woolzies Wool Dryer Balls
● Available in a range of colors, including white, green, lavender, and blue
● Pack Size: 6 balls
The Woolzies dryer balls are large, so you only need a few for a cleaning cycle.
Again, they are as effective as they can get in reducing the clothes drying time by 20 percent.
Also, if you want to say goodbye to wrinkles and creases on your clothes, there are fewer better deals on the platform than Woolzies.
Dryer Ball Reservations: These dryer balls are high-end, but they come at a relatively higher price than the other available options on Amazon.
Where to Buy: Woolzies Wool Dryer Balls
- LASTS FOR 1,000 LOADS
- 100% Pure New Zealand Wool
- Softens Naturally
- Reduces Drying Time by 25%
- Helps Eliminate wrinkles and Static
9. Most Attractive (Cute) Dryer Balls: Wooly Heroes Dryer Balls
● They have a variety of animal prints, such as penguins, cows, and pigeons.
● Pack Size: 6 balls
● Organic and natural
Wooly Heroes will stir joy in your heart if you’re an animal enthusiast, as they feature cute animal faces.
Moreover, these dryer balls don’t hide behind aesthetics, as they are also effective in their core job.
They will significantly reduce your clothes drying time by approximately 40 percent and are long-lasting for up to 1,000 dry cycles.
The dryer balls are also organically made from top-quality New Zealand wool. As a result, they are more tender on your clothes and skin than dryer sheets and fabric softeners.
Dryer Ball Reservations: They’ll shed some of their fiber after continuous use. Replace them immediately after you see signs of tear and wear.
Where to Buy: Wooly Heroes Dryer Balls
- DRY YOUR CLOTHES FASTER OR YOUR MONEY BACK. NO QUESTIONS ASKED! Dryer balls laundry speeds up drying time by 20%-40% so you save time, money, and energy! This or your money back. Guaranteed for life.
- ALL NATURAL, ECO-FRIENDLY CHOICE TO DRY YOUR CLOTHES! Annie from Amazon.com says "They really helped bring the dry time down. They are not only beautifully designed but they are also so practical and better for the earth. No more dryer sheets needed!"
- MADE FROM 100% PURE NEW ZEALAND WOOL. These dryer wool balls contains no chemicals or synthetics. Perfect for sensitive skin, babies, toddlers, and pets!
- FAIR TRADE AND ETHICAL: carefully needle felted by hand in ethical working conditions by women in underprivileged communities, so you are sharing your support with them.
- FREE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO NATURAL LAUNDRY EBOOK (PDF). Comes with a gift bag and a Natural Laundry eBook with tips and instructions to help you find out more about earth-friendly laundry practices.
10. Best Oversized Dryer Balls: Handy Laundry Dryer Balls
● Pack Size: 6 Balls
● Dryer Ball Diameter: 3 inches
● Main feature: They are oversized, 100% New Zealand wool dryer balls
The Handy Laundry Dryer Balls are your best bet for substantial clothes loads thanks to their larger-than-normal diameter of three inches.
Being oversized means opening up more space for your clothes (thus improving aeration), which boosts your tumble dryer’s efficiency. These balls are so effective they’ll shorten the drying time by about 25 percent.
They’ll also aid you in solving one of the biggest problems you can have when drying clothes in a tumble dryer- static charge buildup.
Moreover, the dryer balls are compatible with an extensive range of essential oils.
Dryer Ball Reservations: Some users have reported manufacturing defects on the balls in the past, but this is an issue they’ve undoubtedly fixed since then.
Where to Buy: Handy Laundry Dryer Balls
- SUPERIOR QUALITY WOOL – 100% New Zealand premium wool with no synthetic fillers, rolled into tight, extra-large balls and felted for a natural, long lasting product.
- REUSABLE FABRIC SOFTENER – Replace chemically infused dryer sheets and liquid fabric softeners with an eco-friendly and natural alternative that will last more than a thousand dryer loads.
- SPEED UP DRYING TIME – As the dryer balls tumble around in the dryer, they lift and separate laundry allowing the hot air to circulate better and dry faster.
- SAVE ENERGY COSTS – Reduce appliance usage and electricity bills by shortening drying time up to 25%
- REDUCE STATIC CLING – Toss them into the dryer and your clothing will dry faster, fluffier and softer, with fewer wrinkles and less static cling.
What to Consider When Choosing Dryer Balls
As you purchase dryer balls, keep these considerations in mind.
Most dryer balls you’ll come across are felted sheep wool. Others are plastic.
What is the difference between the two? Mainly, wool dryer balls are round and smooth, while plastic dryer balls are still round but feature spikes on their surface.
Both dryer balls are fine as long as they are hypoallergenic (have no allergens).
Also, the best dryer balls are those from non-synthetic materials, especially if you want to use them on babies’ clothes.
If you want to increase airflow, go for the plastic air balls.
But suppose you want a natural softener for your clothes that significantly reduces drying time. In that case, felted wool dry balls are your best bet.
Dryer Ball Size
The average diameter of a dryer ball is 2.5 inches, but there are also oversized types measuring three inches and over.
A larger dryer ball is effective in fluffing your clothes more. On the flip side, go for small dryer balls if you have a small clothes load.
Dryer Ball Number (Quantity)
How many dryer balls do you need for your clothes load?
It all depends on the size of the load, but on average, you’re good to go with at least six. However, you can always reduce the number if you’re drying just a few clothes.
Verdict: Best and Affordable Dryer Balls 2023
Our top dryer ball is the Friendsheep Organic Eco Wool Dryer Balls primarily because they’re organic and highly effective in reducing drying time by about 40 percent.
Now you’re good to go for the year on dryer balls but keep checking our site for more updates on the best cleaning solutions, as we have plenty lined up for you!
Attainable Home, LLC participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, where some of the links in our articles earn us a small commission. Feel free to use them or not, the pricing does not change either way, but it does help support the team here.