You’re missing many benefits if you have not switched to LED lighting. From energy efficiency to emitting brighter light and producing less heat, LEDs stand head and shoulders above traditional lighting appliances.
However, the market is awash with LED bulbs from different manufacturers, and definitely, some brands are better than others. This list of the top-ranking LED bulb brands will guide you when shopping.
Note – We would love to include all of the brand logos with each brand, however that could get us into legal trouble, so we left them out. Every title, however, will link to the manufacturer’s website so you can check them out.
The 10 Best and Most Popular LED Bulb Brands for Your Home
Acuity Brands is one of the largest and most popular LED bulb manufacturers. They are a publically listed multi-billion dollar lighting brand, and carry solutions for just about any type of lighting application you can think of.
They are one of my top choices, and I used to actually sell them through my previous energy-efficient lighting distribution company that I used to own.
● Acuity Brands offers complete LED lighting solutions. Their products are used at home and in various industries, including hospitality and healthcare.
● As a homeowner who cares for the environment, you should look forward to the production of their organic LED (OLED) lamps, among other innovative products.
● The company produces a wide range of LED products, and the most famous include Peerless, Indy, Aculux, and Juno.
Cree is a popular brand providing a variety of LEDs, including the C-Lite, KR, and ESA Series.
● The C-Lite series, for example, features low-wattage and high-lumen LEDs that are ideal for producing great light at an affordable cost.
● To help you monitor your energy bill, the company’s products enable you to select from diverse wattages.
● Cree lighting offers LEDs appropriate for both indoor and outdoor settings.
● The company develops innovative products with an eye on future lighting requirements, especially the Internet of Things (IoT).
● Cree’s SmartCast Intelligence Platform is geared towards creating more energy efficiency and repurposing wasted space.
Founded over a century ago, Eaton is a leading producer of a wide range of lighting products, including LEDs.
● The company offers residential, industrial, and commercial lighting products.
● Eaton develops and sells products that are energy efficient and eco-friendly.
● Some of the most innovative products you can purchase from the company include the All-Pro Outdoor LED, which has features ideal for a smart home.
● They come with various features, including motion sensing and dusk-to-dawn sensors that automatically switch the lights off and on. Other products include Corelite, Invue, and Ametrix.
4. GE Lighting
GE Lighting traces its roots to the famous Thomas Edison. Founded in the early 20th century, the company is the lighting division of the General Electric Company, which Savant Systems Inc. acquired in 2020.
● GE Lighting is a leader in producing LED bulbs, and its products are loaded with critical features for homeowners.
● When looking for LED bulbs that are energy-efficient, eco-friendly, and durable, you can’t go wrong with GE LEDs.
● An example of their innovative products is the GE Reveal HD+. This is a 5.5-watt LED bulb that is so energy efficient that it has the lumen ability of a 40-watt incandescent bulb.
● These LEDs are dimmable and have a lifespan of over 12 years.
● Other key products from GE Lighting include GE Refresh HD, GE Relax, and C-Sleep.
5. Signify (Philips Lighting)
Globally, there isn’t a light bulb more recognizable than the Philips Brand. While the company changed its name to Signify N.V. in 2018, it has continued to market its products using the Philips brand name.
The company’s history dates back to 1891, when the Philips lamp factory was started in the Netherlands.
At inception, the company aimed to produce reliable and affordable incandescent light bulbs. They successfully did this for many years.
With technological changes and the projected phasing out of the incandescent bulb, Philips has been at the forefront of technological advances and is among the greatest producers of LED lighting solutions.
● Philips LED bulbs are available for diverse indoor and outdoor home spaces and contain all the features necessary for smart lighting.
● Among the company’s most popular products include Philips Hue, which can be controlled using mobile devices. Other outstanding products include Philips LED Spots and Philips LED Tubes.
6. Osram & Sylvania
Started in Munich, Germany, in 1919, Osram is a company that produces a vast range of semiconductors, including LED bulbs.
So whether you need to light up the indoors or outdoors of your home, you’re sure to get a quality LED lighting solution from Osram products.
● LEDs from the company meet the stringent requirements that today’s consumers demand from the lighting fixture.
● The company’s products are known for their durability and energy efficiency.
● Osram has a range of bright batteries, such as the Osram Soleriq S 9 LED bulbs series, available in three varieties with lumen capabilities of 1,000, 1,500, and 2,000.
● Their LEDs are superior products with a Color Rendering Index (CRI) of up to 90, and they consume minimal energy.
Other Osram products to look out for include Topled, Osconiq, and Firefly.
7. Nichia Corporation
Nichia Corporation was founded in Anan, Japan, in 1956. While it maintains its headquarters in the founding city, today, it’s a multinational with subsidiaries in various global locations.
● Although the company manufactures several other products, it’s a market leader in producing LED bulbs. Currently, its global LED market share is about 25 percent.
● Apart from making LEDs for home consumption, the company also substantially contributes to the global automotive lighting industry.
● For residential LED bulbs, products from Nichia are known for their high luminous ability, low power usage, temperature control, and durability.
● The company’s COB Series of LED bulbs include several high-luminous products whose electricity consumption could be as low as 5 watts.
● Nichia also has a wide range of LED bulbs ideal for a smart home. Some of the most famous products include Optisolis, the High Power Series, and the 585 Series.
8. Seoul Semiconductor
Seoul Semiconductor is a relatively new company providing lighting solutions, as it started operations in 1992. Yet in this little time, the company has made huge technological strides that help it compete with the giants.
● To acquire a considerable market share of the global LED market, the company has relied heavily on innovation. In its short history, it has patented over 12,000 LED-related products.
● Apart from LED bulbs for home use, the company serves the automotive industry by supplying headlamps for electric vehicles.
● The company’s LED bulbs are popular because they yield natural light and are durable and eco-friendly.
Some of the company’s most popular products include the Acrich Modules and the WICOP Series.
9. Zumtobel Group
Founded in 1950, the Zumtobel Group is headquartered in Dornbirn, Austria. It is a leading producer of LED lighting fixtures for residential and commercial properties.
● For residential lighting, Zumtobel manufactures a wide range of LED bulbs for indoor and outdoor lighting.
● Whether you need to illuminate the ceilings, mount lights on walls, or create a continuous row of luminaries, Zumtobel has energy-efficient and high-luminous LEDs to cater to your needs.
● Some of the company’s most popular products include Arcos, Amphibia, Intro, and Optos.
● The Amphibia LED, for instance, is a weather-resistant product that offers optimum functionality even when exposed to dust or rain. The Amphibia remains intact in inclement weather, and its surface construction ensures it does not collect dirt.
10. Everlight Electronics
Started in 1983, Everlight has quickly acquired a reputation for high-quality, energy-efficient, and durable LED bulbs.
● The company’s Legend Series LED bulbs are famous for their high-lumen output, using very little electricity.
● The lighting fixtures from the company are customizable to ensure that a customer finds a fixture ideal for every room or outdoor space. Other popular products from the company include the UVA Series, Flash LED, and the COB Series.
The Top Considerations When Choosing LED Bulb Brands
Lifespan and Operation Costs
While the purchase price of your light bulb is an important consideration, what should really bother you are its lifespan and operation costs.
A bulb could cost little, but you might have to replace it too soon.
LED bulbs are popular because of their long lifespans. When comparing different brands, look for the bulb’s estimated lifespan as indicated on the package.
Smart lighting is an essential component of any smart home, and when choosing LED bulbs, you should select a brand that offers this feature.
Investing in smart technology will help reduce bulbs’ operating costs and improve security.
If, for instance, you frequently forget to turn your lights off, you could incur huge expenses.
The solution: connect your smart bulbs to your home Wi-Fi, and you can turn them off and on using a mobile device, regardless of location.
Moreover, you can program the bulbs to turn off or on at specified times.
For example, while traveling or away from home, you can pre-set the bulbs to switch on when it gets dark. The idea here is to give the impression that you’re home and discourage burglars.
These allow you to control the electricity going to the bulb and save energy. You should, however, note that some LED bulbs are not dimmable, and you need to confirm this before buying.
Some LED bulbs come with different colors housed in their casings. When you switch the lights on, the flow of the current leads to the emission of different colors from the bulb.
These are the ideal bulbs for outdoor lighting as they resist rainwater, dust, and snow. These hardy products are also durable and will last longer than ordinary bulbs.
Top manufacturers of LED products have, without a doubt, embraced technology. The fierce competition for customers has forced manufacturers to invest in continuous improvement, making LED bulbs more feature-filled and affordable.
When shopping for the next LED bulb for your home, buy from the leading brands we’ve reviewed above. It will help you obtain a quality, affordable, durable product.